Sign in to follow this  

DONE ?

Ive been with IG for many years and whilst sceptical, and wary of the many bad vibes and rumours that come IG,s way  I have up till now  fended them off.

However, I have to say that a recent couple of trades stopped out by large spikes have questioned my loyalty.

GBPUSD was stopped out 19/11,  22.43 at 12938 ? 8 pips above charted price ??  

USDCAD was stopped out on 18/11 22.05 at 13227, the highest price by any other broker platform was 13216 ?? 10 pips above !!

I have emailed IG, but not heard a thing.  I think I am beginning to share most peoples views over this broker

1 hour ago, WILL-TD said:

wary of the many bad vibes and rumours that come IG,s way

I imagine that's because 75% lose money haha.

3 hours ago, WILL-TD said:

Ive been with IG for many years and whilst sceptical, and wary of the many bad vibes and rumours that come IG,s way  I have up till now  fended them off.

However, I have to say that a recent couple of trades stopped out by large spikes have questioned my loyalty.

USDCAD was stopped out on 18/11 22.05 at 13227, the highest price by any other broker platform was 13216 ?? 10 pips above !!

I have emailed IG, but not heard a thing.  I think I am beginning to share most peoples views over this broker

Thanks for your feedback message. 

When closing a short position you have to check the Ask price. I can see that GBPUSD did go up to 12938. We price FX using twelve currency providers and pick the best bid and ask at the time. At the moment GBPUSD is quite volatile due to market news. We keep our spread charges fixed but if the underlying widens then so will the price. 

image.png

With the USDCAD postition I can see the high at 22:05 as 13269.2. (using the Ask price, so considering you were closing a short position). 

image.png

I've checked with our desk and these were legitimate prices. I wouldn't be able to comment on how other brokers price their markets buy you find information on the Forex liquidity providers we use. We are a regulated company that follow the underlying market with spread and we make our money from the spread alone. We would not benefit from moving prices to stop clients out. 

Do you mind emailing us again at helpdesk.uk@ig.com and make sure it's from your email address registered with IG. Please also feel free to give us a call about this to discuss in more details. 

• Like 1

HELLO Admin.

I have similar experience often too.

So, you are saying if i go short, i need to set the chart on 'ASK' and 'bid' for long? 

52 minutes ago, malisti83 said:

HELLO Admin.

I have similar experience often too.

So, you are saying if i go short, i need to set the chart on 'ASK' and 'bid' for long? 

Hi, basically yes if you want to actually see price hit or miss on the chart, most can't be that bothered.

To get into a trade you either Buy the Ask or Sell the Bid.

To close a Long you need to sell back at the Bid price.

To close a short you need to buy back at the Ask price.

If price is set to Mid on your chart then you will never see the actual bid or ask get hit.

• Like 1

Guest SpiDow

Hi Frds. You may consider using G'teed stop order.? There is a premium to it though. 

If not then set a stop far enough and watch the market lor. Hope this helps. 

8 hours ago, Guest SpiDow said:

Hi Frds. You may consider using G'teed stop order.? There is a premium to it though. 

If not then set a stop far enough and watch the market lor. Hope this helps. 

If you wish to add a guaranteed stop you will only need to pay the premium if the stop is hit. 

With Spread betting it will simply be size x premium. With CFD it's size x contract size x premium. 

The deal ticket will show you the premium you have to pay: 

image.png

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 07:47, WILL-TD said:

Best bet is not to use hard stops.