Robinhood

Caseynotes

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how their UK offering will compare to all the other commission-free UK brokers (I can think of four off the top of my head). Free of fees or not, if your share dealing account isn't in a tax wrapper like an ISA or SIPP then you'll still be liable to pay dividend and capital gains tax on your profits. Of course, Robinhood aren't tax advisers so they don't have to tell clients this. 

Even though they're late to the UK market, they'll probably steam ahead like they did in the US. It will be interesting to see how/if established brokers respond to the extra competition. 

• Like 1

We all appreciate good service and products but those things can’t be provided for free as there is always some cost.  Everyone needs to pay the bills, including IG. I think that charging fees that are reasonable is fair. IG provides friendly & professional service and companies and people should be allowed to charge or we will loose out in the long run as they may not be here because they are broke. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    chris
    Joined 25/10/21 14:58
    • Hi @Furlls Your request has been submitted.  All the best  Anda
    • Name of stock - Cyngn Inc. Name of Stock Exchange - NASDAQ Leverage or Share dealing - Share dealing Ticker - CYN Country of the stock - USA Market Cap - 217.29M
    • Great news, we are finding out more and more about these vaccines thanks to your participation in these trials 👍  For example;   'No children should be receiving the AZ vaccine as it is considered dangerous for under-40s and is no longer recommended for that age range. This is because it can cause vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT), characterised by blood clots and low platelets, which is more prevalent in younger people; but 11,496 children have been injected with 21,468 doses. The impact on those children has been enormous, with 1 in 49 adverse events reported.' Serious adverse reaction risks behind those child jab invitations - The Conservative Woman