Trade analytics!

3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

The basic functionality of showing your win/loss and your total losses (or winnings) over multiple time periods is greatly appreciated.  No need to download a gazillion spreadsheets and calculate it all manually.

is that all, mine just says 'not enough history to view analytics' (as i'm using mt4).

5 minutes ago, mark27 said:

No ,don't use that account now.Back on the UK one 

@CharlotteIG Is this rolled out for everyone 

Unless ,its technically not a UK account anymore ..When the brexit 31st Oct deadline was approaching my account was migrated to IG Europe  so I could still trade in the event of a hard brexit

3 hours ago, dmedin said:

lol I've lost a lot in one year.  It's good to be reminded and have it 'in my face' so that I know when to stop.  🙈

Analytics make it easier to validate your trading system and prevent false hope leading you towards bankruptcy. 

I would say use analytics to make sure your system actually works before going live but this function is not available on the demo platform yet so find something else until it is.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Analytics make it easier to validate your trading system and prevent false hope leading you towards bankruptcy. 

I would say use analytics to make sure your system actually works before going live but this function is not available on the demo platform yet so find something else until it is.

In retrospect I should have spent my first 12 months on the demo, but it takes a great deal of self-discipline to be about to do that and I admire anyone who can manage to resist the temptation to bet real money for 12 months or more.

2 hours ago, dmedin said:

In retrospect I should have spent my first 12 months on the demo, but it takes a great deal of self-discipline to be about to do that and I admire anyone who can manage to resist the temptation to bet real money for 12 months or more.

nearly but not quite. the point is you should have been collecting data the whole time. rather than just punching BUY SELL on demo you would have been better off trialing your rules based strategy (not the average basic platitudes based one) on a live average market that allows MICRO  trading size. (mt4)

With real data you can then evaluate what works for real rather than hopes and dreams on demo and so build from a solid base.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aus Trader

The IG's analytics looks fine, but not that useful. Thinking from a trader's perspective in designing these types of system could go a long way. In my view these are the must have for a good trade analytics feature:

• Currently basic stuffs like custom date is missing, and analytics does not provide much info. I believe these will be added because these are the most basic stuff.
  • Probably the most important and useful addition would be to have the ability to UPLOAD a Chart Image and put a note for each trade. This feature would take this to a new level as there are no proper software that allows this making it dfficult to keep journals.
5 minutes ago, Guest Aus Trader said:

The IG's analytics looks fine, but not that useful. Thinking from a trader's perspective in designing these types of system could go a long way. In my view these are the must have for a good trade analytics feature:

• Currently basic stuffs like custom date is missing, and analytics does not provide much info. I believe these will be added because these are the most basic stuff.
  • Probably the most important and useful addition would be to have the ability to UPLOAD a Chart Image and put a note for each trade. This feature would take this to a new level as there are no proper software that allows this making it dfficult to keep journals.

Thank you for the feedback.

I will let the project manager know your points. It is in the testing stage at the moment so the project managers are looking for feedback on IG analytics. 

6 minutes ago, Guest Aus Trader said:

• Probably the most important and useful addition would be to have the ability to UPLOAD a Chart Image and put a note for each trade. This feature would take this to a new level as there are no proper software that allows this making it difficult to keep journals.

yes, fully agree, I expect this to be added to but traders who currently use nothing at all but a hope and a prayer can start seeing early on that their system isn't working and so start making amendments instead of drifting on for months getting nowhere.

Custom date and adding pics would make that process easier to do.

2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

traders who currently use nothing at all but a hope and a prayer can start seeing early on that their system isn't working and so start making amendments instead of drifting on for months getting nowhere.

😺

It makes it easier to see how much money you've lost and that is very potent.

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1

We're not offering trade analytics on MT4, just CFD, FSB and forex. 

The project manager informed me of some options they're looking into going forward. Do keep in mind that these are not definite but I wanted to share the future options they're considering: 

• Ability to tag individual trades
  • We're discussing showing a chart of the underlying during the lifetime of the trade
  • Chart your PnL over time
  • The ability to drill into markets to see a trade by trade breakdown

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest VonschnoodleHoff

Trade Analytics is awesome! 

What would be cool would be if IG added a measure of how I'm doing relative to all IG Traders. For example:

Win Ratio 67 % followed by "THis is in the Top 25% of IG traders)