Jump to content

Trade analytics!


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

The basic functionality of showing your win/loss and your total losses (or winnings) over multiple time periods is greatly appreciated.  No need to download a gazillion spreadsheets and calculate it all manually.

is that all, mine just says 'not enough history to view analytics' (as i'm using mt4).

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, mark27 said:

No ,don't use that account now.Back on the UK one 

@CharlotteIG Is this rolled out for everyone 

Unless ,its technically not a UK account anymore ..When the brexit 31st Oct deadline was approaching my account was migrated to IG Europe  so I could still trade in the event of a hard brexit

Link to comment
3 hours ago, dmedin said:

lol I've lost a lot in one year.¬† It's good to be reminded and have it 'in my face' so that I know when to stop.¬† ūüôą

Analytics make it easier to validate your trading system and prevent false hope leading you towards bankruptcy. 

I would say use analytics to make sure your system actually works before going live but this function is not available on the demo platform yet so find something else until it is.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Analytics make it easier to validate your trading system and prevent false hope leading you towards bankruptcy. 

I would say use analytics to make sure your system actually works before going live but this function is not available on the demo platform yet so find something else until it is.

In retrospect I should have spent my first 12 months on the demo, but it takes a great deal of self-discipline to be about to do that and I admire anyone who can manage to resist the temptation to bet real money for 12 months or more.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, dmedin said:

In retrospect I should have spent my first 12 months on the demo, but it takes a great deal of self-discipline to be about to do that and I admire anyone who can manage to resist the temptation to bet real money for 12 months or more.

nearly but not quite. the point is you should have been collecting data the whole time. rather than just punching BUY SELL on demo you would have been better off trialing your rules based strategy (not the average basic platitudes based one) on a live average market that allows MICRO  trading size. (mt4)

With real data you can then evaluate what works for real rather than hopes and dreams on demo and so build from a solid base.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Aus Trader

The IG's analytics looks fine, but not that useful. Thinking from a trader's perspective in designing these types of system could go a long way. In my view these are the must have for a good trade analytics feature:

  • Currently basic stuffs like custom date is missing, and analytics does not provide much info. I believe these will be added because these are the most basic stuff.
  • Probably the most important and useful addition would be to have the ability to UPLOAD a Chart Image and put a note for each trade.¬†This feature would take this to a new level as there are no proper software that allows this making it dfficult to keep journals.
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Guest Aus Trader said:

The IG's analytics looks fine, but not that useful. Thinking from a trader's perspective in designing these types of system could go a long way. In my view these are the must have for a good trade analytics feature:

  • Currently basic stuffs like custom date is missing, and analytics does not provide much info. I believe these will be added because these are the most basic stuff.
  • Probably the most important and useful addition would be to have the ability to UPLOAD a Chart Image and put a note for each trade.¬†This feature would take this to a new level as there are no proper software that allows this making it dfficult to keep journals.

Thank you for the feedback.

I will let the project manager know your points. It is in the testing stage at the moment so the project managers are looking for feedback on IG analytics. 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Guest Aus Trader said:

The IG's analytics looks fine, but not that useful. Thinking from a trader's perspective in designing these types of system could go a long way. In my view these are the must have for a good trade analytics feature:

  • Currently basic stuffs like custom date is missing, and analytics does not provide much info. I believe these will be added because these are the most basic stuff.
  • Probably the most important and useful addition would be to have the ability to UPLOAD a Chart Image and put a note for each trade.¬†This feature would take this to a new level as there are no proper software that allows this making it difficult to keep journals.

yes, fully agree, I expect this to be added to but traders who currently use nothing at all but a hope and a prayer can start seeing early on that their system isn't working and so start making amendments instead of drifting on for months getting nowhere.

Custom date and adding pics would make that process easier to do.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

traders who currently use nothing at all but a hope and a prayer can start seeing early on that their system isn't working and so start making amendments instead of drifting on for months getting nowhere.

ūüėļ

It makes it easier to see how much money you've lost and that is very potent.

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1
Link to comment

We're not offering trade analytics on MT4, just CFD, FSB and forex. 

The project manager informed me of some options they're looking into going forward. Do keep in mind that these are not definite but I wanted to share the future options they're considering: 

  • Ability to tag individual trades
  • We're discussing¬†showing a chart of the underlying during the lifetime of the trade
  • Chart your PnL over time
  • The ability to drill into markets to see a trade by trade breakdown
     
Link to comment
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest VonschnoodleHoff

Trade Analytics is awesome! 

 

What would be cool would be if IG added a measure of how I'm doing relative to all IG Traders. For example:

Win Ratio 67 % followed by "THis is in the Top 25% of IG traders) 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,293
    • Total Posts
      90,935
    • Total Members
      41,412
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    blank
    Joined 07/02/23 17:19
  • Posts

    • Look Ahead to 08/02/23: Oil inventories; TTEF, DIS, UBER and BDEV earnings Oil, tech, and the consumer are set to dominate the markets on Wednesday, with earnings from TotalEnergies (TTEF), EIA data, and results from Walt Disney (DIS) and Uber Technologies (UBER). Angeline Ong¬†|¬†Presenter, Analyst and Content Editor,¬†London¬†| Publication date:¬†Tuesday 07 February¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†
    • 07 February 2023 Spot Gold The price of gold has extended its pullback from overbought territory over the last week and has found some near-term support at the 50-day simple moving average (50MA) (green line). Our preference remains to look for long entry on a bullish price reversal. A bullish reversal might be considered if we can see price closing above the 1875 level, provided that the 50MA is not broken with a price close below. Should the 50MA level be broken and the price reversal not confirm, 1820 becomes the next downside support target from the move. In this scenario we not looking to short gold but would rather be looking for a bullish price reversal closer to this level for long entry once again. Should either of these scenarios manifest we will update our guidance accordingly with resistance targets and stop loss considerations. Source: IG charts ¬† ¬† ¬† Brent Crude Oil The bearish reversal off the 8770-level guided in our previous note has yielded a significant decline, although fallen short of the 7760-support target. The price now looks to be rebounding from oversold territory. Traders who have been short might consider this an indication to exit their trades. The longer-term trend bias is still considered down and should a bearish price pattern emerge before this level, new short entries might be considered. In this scenario a close above the 8770 level might be used as a stop loss consideration, while targeting a move back towards the support low at 7760 once again. Only on a move / close above the 8770 level would the longer-term trend bias be reassessed, and long trades reconsidered Source: IG charts ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Our weekly technical report is compiled by in-house senior market analyst,¬†Shaun Murison.
    • Hi, the basic package has a 15 minute delay.
×
×
  • Create New...