Sign in to follow this  

When will IG allow partial position closure with PRT auto trading?

Question

Partial closure of a position or scaling out of a position is a standard trading method but when using PRT with IG it is only possible when back testing strategies. It is not possible to put a strategy live either in demo or in real trading - which seems incredible.

I have created many strategies that benefit from partial position closure but I can only trade them manually which is not very practical. I can't see any logical reason why we can back test with partial position closure but cannot run anything live with it.

As a moderator for ProRealCode forums I notice that newbies are often astounded that partial position closure is not possible with IG when using PRT and I guess many will just go elsewhere to find a platform where it is possible to do what they want.

Does IG have any plans to remove this massive auto trading limitation?

1 answer to this question

On 29/11/2019 at 01:39, Vonasi3 said:

Partial closure of a position or scaling out of a position is a standard trading method but when using PRT with IG it is only possible when back testing strategies. It is not possible to put a strategy live either in demo or in real trading - which seems incredible.

I have created many strategies that benefit from partial position closure but I can only trade them manually which is not very practical. I can't see any logical reason why we can back test with partial position closure but cannot run anything live with it.

As a moderator for ProRealCode forums I notice that newbies are often astounded that partial position closure is not possible with IG when using PRT and I guess many will just go elsewhere to find a platform where it is possible to do what they want.

Does IG have any plans to remove this massive auto trading limitation?

I would like to pose the same question. PRT is a great and tool, but can't be used for the majority of strategies due to inability to execute partial position closure. Very frustrating.  Will partial position closure be allowed in V11, and when is it due to be released?

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    David88
    Joined 29/02/20 11:07
    • IG group is pretending as a reliable Forex broker but my experience with the broker proved the contrary.  I have opened an account with them and deposited some money. Only after started trading I came to know that they imposed all sort of restrictions on the trading account. I found that I could not open a trade without mentioning a Stop Loss and a Take profit. And the margin got increased each time when I increased the stop loss distance.  They are calling it a Limited account. I contacted their help desk and explained them I am using a strategy for which I do not use STOP LOSS. They said I have to prove my financial strength by submitting my bank statement or any document which proves that you are strong enough to lose money by trading. I told them I am using my own money and they don’t have to worry about my loses. If I do not have money, I could not invest money for trading. I told them I have Forex trading account with two more major Forex brokers and by using my strategy I am winning the trades without fixing Stop Loses. It all went to dump ears and they insisted me to send them my  bank statement. I sent them the bank statement but they started insisting me to send them copies of other documents for incomes and assets. I thought why do they ask me to prove my financial strength to trade with them using their platform and also the trades are not free. They are also benefited by my trades. Even then they did not take action to remove limitations on my trading account. In fact I am using a trading strategy in which I keep on increasing lots and trade distances by opening pending orders. When they keep on increasing margin, I am unable to open new lots and the trade is getting disturbed. Also some of the Stop loss positions get triggered and the equity get reduced unnecessarily. I explained those idiots about how I trade and how the limitations on my account act as a real hindrance for my successful trading. I would like to ask you what right a Forex Broker got to impose unnecessary restrictions on a client’s trading account as the money he uses to trade is his own and not from their family property. I explained them my problem and asked them to free my account from all the limitations at my own risk but they are not ready to do so. I really curse the moment I decided to open an account with IG the Idiots Group.
    • Hello, IG offers ProRealTime which comes with an excellent built in scanner.  You can easily drag & drop scanning settings or get right down to easy to understand programming, with excellent programming help from other users at Prorealcode.  The prorealcode offers many who write code for free & they can be used for scanning as well as auto trading if you feel brave.  Be wary with any auto trading, in my opinion as they show good results in back testing but in reality can be Very different.  ProRealTime also has a built in feature which allows you to scan for markets at support & resistance and much more.  I am very grateful for IG providing this for free for only 4 trades a month. https://www.ig.com/au/trading-platforms/prorealtime
    • Dow weekly chart (quite spectacular);