Demo account orders

Guest Charlie

Question

Guest Charlie

Hi, is the demo account limited to one position at a time?  I have a working position (price not hit my entry yet) and I'm trying to enter another position in the same market (GBPUSD) , but when I enter the order details it just amends the existing working order rather than creates a new order.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks very much.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Guest Charlie said:

Hi, is the demo account limited to one position at a time?  I have a working position (price not hit my entry yet) and I'm trying to enter another position in the same market (GBPUSD) , but when I enter the order details it just amends the existing working order rather than creates a new order.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks very much.

Hey, 

I've never head the issue that it will amend the old working order. Make sure you have net off selected. If the two working orders are the same direction and same price level it may just aggregate the working order. So if you had two contracts to open at 'X' and then wanted another 2 contracts at the price 'X' it may aggregate the working orders to 4 at 'X' price. 

Let me know if that works

Guest Charlie
1 hour ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thank you Charlotte. It's working as expected now.  I did what you said so I must've done something wrong before. Thanks for looking into it for me.