Sign in to follow this  

Was anyone else unable to trade GBP/USD on exit poll?

Question

Guest Harry

Was anyone else unable to trade GBP/USD on exit poll announcement? Platform on mobile and desktop wasn't allowing me to place any trades right on the exit poll announcement at 10pm - subsequently missed the 2% move up!....

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Guest Harry said:

Was anyone else unable to trade GBP/USD on exit poll announcement? Platform on mobile and desktop wasn't allowing me to place any trades right on the exit poll announcement at 10pm - subsequently missed the 2% move up!....

For these big highly volatile events you need to use orders placed in the market before the event, all orders are handled on a first come first served basis so market orders (instant buy/sell) will be dealt with last and so suffer the biggest slippage of all if they actually get filled at all. More likely is your market order will be rejected as price has gaped so much by the processing of all the resting orders queued before it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guest Harry said:

Retail traders get to fight over leftovers once the big piggies have filled their bellies.

Edited by dmedin

On 13/12/2019 at 16:29, Johnny12 said:

I couldn't trade either, missed the 2 minute rise up :(

Did you miss the two-day crash back down as well?