Guest hi  there

I'm on short on DOW,DAX,FTSE100 and its been a long ride 

stay on or jump out 

what can any one say 

On 27/12/2019 at 22:07, Guest hi there said:

I'm on short on DOW,DAX,FTSE100 and its been a long ride 

stay on or jump out 

what can any one say 

I am holding a DOW short position as well, have to admit that it was painful few weeks.

but I will stay, the key is to adjust my position to survive and also be able to reduce the cost base over time, and finally the most difficult is to hold it unit the time comes, and keep the profit running.

@TrendFollower I agree with you in theory, but what i found is that TA indicators are always too late when they are clear... I understand the risk of shorting at this market, so try to manage it and let's see..

@TrendFollower & @sunshinestate

I know you work off TA but just a head up that there is some market news our today (all GMT)

14:00 today GMT:

USD Housing Price Index (MoM) 

Prev: 0.6%

Est: 0.3%

USD S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices (YoY) 

Prev: 2.1%

Est: 2.2%

15:00 today GMT: USD Consumer Confidence

On Friday (as @Mercury pointed out) :)  :

14 hours ago, Mercury said:

OK but the big one for the longer term picture is the ISM manufacturing data on Friday...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    dala123
    Joined 23/11/20 16:06
    • Good article (new) on strategy planning and testing from Steve Burns. https://www.newtraderu.com/2020/10/25/how-to-create-backtest-and-optimize-a-trading-strategy/ "A trading strategy is the process used to enter and exit positions in a market based on quantified signals on when to buy and sell. A trading strategy will have trading plan to express a methodology that defines a trader’s return goals, risk tolerance, and time frame. A successful strategy should have an edge expressed in how trades are entered and managed to maximize gains and minimize losses."
    • (not the cost of Covid-19 but the cost of the govt's disastrous response to a virus that's no more deadly than the common flu) The REAL cost of Covid-19: RUTH SUNDERLAND's terrifying dossier exploring the full economic damage will make you ask... can we afford to keep the brakes on Britain? National debt more than £2 trillion, equivalent of year’s output by entire country  Borrowing from April to October was £170 billion higher than period in 2019  Bank of England believes unemployment rate will to peak at around 7.75 per cent https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8975765/The-true-cost-Covid-19-Read-RUTH-SUNDERLANDs-terrifying-dossier-economic-damage.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top
    • Dax and Dow M15;