Overnight Funding Charge Calculator.

Question

I've just spent the past hour trying to understand exactly what I would be charged for holding CFD contracts overnight. I'm talking Oil, PMs & stocks. And the calculations are different for each. Is there not a calculator somewhere on the site that can give me this information quickly?

Please someone tell me there is.

TIA

3 answers to this question

On 22/12/2019 at 17:58, Pike said:

I've just spent the past hour trying to understand exactly what I would be charged for holding CFD contracts overnight. I'm talking Oil, PMs & stocks. And the calculations are different for each. Is there not a calculator somewhere on the site that can give me this information quickly?

Please someone tell me there is.

TIA

Hi, currently only FX and Precious Metals have the swap calc estimates listed. You need to add a watchlist to a workspace and click on the 3 stripes and add swaps (see link). Until the others are added it's either to calc or have a trade on the demo platform running to give an idea of the current daily rate.

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/why-is-overnight-funding-charged-and-how-is-it-calculated-

On 28/12/2019 at 09:59, Caseynotes said:

Hi, currently only FX and Precious Metals have the swap calc estimates listed. You need to add a watchlist to a workspace and click on the 3 stripes and add swaps (see link). Until the others are added it's either to calc or have a trade on the demo platform running to give an idea of the current daily rate.

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/why-is-overnight-funding-charged-and-how-is-it-calculated-

I totally forgot to thank you for replying to this post Caseynotes.

I did actually view those links while figuring out all the charges the first time around, but still I feel somewhere on the site there could be a simple calculator. This is pretty basic stuff. In MT4 I have a position-size-calculator indicator that tells me all this instantly. Not much use for share dealing.

Maybe IG would rather we don't think too much about the charges for holding overnight. Or any of the charges for that matter.

Cheers!

41 minutes ago, Pike said:

I totally forgot to thank you for replying to this post Caseynotes.

I did actually view those links while figuring out all the charges the first time around, but still I feel somewhere on the site there could be a simple calculator. This is pretty basic stuff. In MT4 I have a position-size-calculator indicator that tells me all this instantly. Not much use for share dealing.

Maybe IG would rather we don't think too much about the charges for holding overnight. Or any of the charges for that matter.

Cheers!

👍