3950X or 3970X?

So, the 3970X may be OTT but as i’m in a position to buy either, i’m wondering if, from a trading perspective, would a 3970X with 32 cores be better than the 3950X with 16 cores. The latter supported by 64GB, and the former 128GB, both 3200 RAM. They’ll also have a PCIe 4.0 SSD. 

I’m looking at the AMD’s as they are cheaper and perform better on multi-cores compared to Intel equivalents. As mentioned, price is nay bother but i’m wondering if trading would utilise all 32 cores with multiple charts and other trading software running simultaneously. 

Any experience, thoughts be appreciated. 

19 hours ago, scs1987 said:

So, the 3970X may be OTT but as i’m in a position to buy either, i’m wondering if, from a trading perspective, would a 3970X with 32 cores be better than the 3950X with 16 cores. The latter supported by 64GB, and the former 128GB, both 3200 RAM. They’ll also have a PCIe 4.0 SSD. 

I’m looking at the AMD’s as they are cheaper and perform better on multi-cores compared to Intel equivalents. As mentioned, price is nay bother but i’m wondering if trading would utilise all 32 cores with multiple charts and other trading software running simultaneously. 

Any experience, thoughts be appreciated. 

The only 2 constricting factors I have seen for trading purposes is memory and internet connection speed/reliability. Using multiple screens and having a lot charts open at once, and having a lot indicators running on each open chart eats into available memory but even the 64GB should be able to handle more than your eyes ever could 🙂