custody fee & access to technical screens

Guest future_customer

Question

Guest future_customer

Hi,

I'm looking for move my ISA to a new provider and my reaserch so far indicates IG might be the best choice for my needs. However, I have two questions:

1) You write:

The custody fee is also dependent on your trading activity, and commissions paid during the quarter will be deducted from the fee. You will be exempt from the charge if you:

• Deal three or more times on your share dealing account during the quarter OR

Does it mean that I have to trade on my share dealing account to avoid the fee or do trades in ISA also count? And is the fee per customer or per account (i.e. 2x £24 if I have both sharedealing acc & ISA, unless I transact on both)?

2) I'm looking for a technical screen and I know you offer ProRealTime to your CFD cusotmers. Is this also available to ISA customers?

Many thanks

1 answer to this question

13 hours ago, Guest future_customer said:

Hi,

I'm looking for move my ISA to a new provider and my reaserch so far indicates IG might be the best choice for my needs. However, I have two questions:

1) You write:

The custody fee is also dependent on your trading activity, and commissions paid during the quarter will be deducted from the fee. You will be exempt from the charge if you:

• Deal three or more times on your share dealing account during the quarter OR

Does it mean that I have to trade on my share dealing account to avoid the fee or do trades in ISA also count? And is the fee per customer or per account (i.e. 2x £24 if I have both sharedealing acc & ISA, unless I transact on both)?

2) I'm looking for a technical screen and I know you offer ProRealTime to your CFD cusotmers. Is this also available to ISA customers?

Many thanks

Hey @future_customer, thanks for your post.

If you have a share dealing account and an ISA account you will only have to pay £24 per quarter for the two of them. You do not have to pay the £24 twice. 

If you trade on either the share dealing or ISA account they will both be deducted from the custody fee for that quarter. 

The ProRealTime platform is only available for our leveraged account. We don't offer any technical analysis platforms for non-leveraged. We are looking to have our new IG platform available at the end of January/ beginning of February which should give more options such as indicators. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Andrew-Wood
    Joined 21/10/21 15:01
    • I would love to know how you go. My understanding is that we are not allowed to buy directly. I saw that ETF on their exchange but I saw one mention of an index tracker somewhere but i cant find it. I saw that the brokerage in and out if we buy directly is more than 4%. It's a lot. Also, one of their big stocks just got suspended. It's high risk but it seems to be doing well. Exhange rates are going to be a bit of a risk too.
    • Anchoring bias What is anchoring bias in trading? Anchoring bias is the tendency for traders to allow an initial piece of information to have a disproportionate influence on future decisions, regardless of its relevance. For example, research by Kaustia, Alho and Puttonen showed that individual's estimates of stock returns were significantly influenced by the starting value they were given – the 'anchor'. When participants were given a high historical stock return they were more likely to estimate that the future return would also be high, while a group given a lower initial value had far lower estimates. Anchoring bias can have dangerous consequences in trading, as it might mean that a trader holds on to an asset far longer than they should do, or that they make an inaccurate assessment of an asset's worth based on the anchor value. How can traders prevent anchoring bias? The best way to prevent anchoring bias in trading is by performing comprehensive research and analysis of the market to identify your own anchor. IG's study showed that only 28% of traders and investors used personal experience as a source of information. But by doing your own analysis of macroeconomic trends and historical data, you will be better placed to identify key support and resistance levels. It is important to have confidence in your own plan before you look at someone else's estimates – whether this is an analyst or fellow trader. Things to keep in mind...
    • Guest Zaba
      Currently 2 platforms i am aware of. C-Trade https://ctrade.co.zw/ ZSE Direct https://zsedirect.co.zw/ I havent used ZSE yet, but i have set-up an account with C-Trade. It was pretty simple, but the platform is not great. You will need a Zim bank account to deposit funds. I have not started trading yet, but will do in the next couple of days. Happy to update you on my progress. In relation to index tracking. There is an Old Mutual ZSE Top-10 ETF that started trading earlier this year.  Hope this helps.