Forex Maximum Spread

Hello,

I am trying to see what the maximum spreads are on forex CFDs, but haven't found that information on any IG website yet. I can find e.g. minimum spread, but the arguably most important is the maximum during e.g. 5pm EST etc. From my demo account I have seen some pairs spike to 35, or even 50-60, but is there not a chart/overview of historical spreads somewhere?

Regards.

Hello,

I find the easiest way to see a Current spread for any IG market is to open the IG Markets Web platform, click search and type the market type, then open the deal Tab and the current spread is displayed automatically.  😀

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.10.41 pm.png

Edited by dau710
Update Image
17 hours ago, UN1234 said:

I am trying to see what the maximum spreads are on forex CFDs, but haven't found that information on any IG website yet. I can find e.g. minimum spread, but the arguably most important is the maximum during e.g. 5pm EST etc. From my demo account I have seen some pairs spike to 35, or even 50-60, but is there not a chart/overview of historical spreads somewhere?

Regards.

2 hours ago, dau710 said:

I find the easiest way to see a Current spread for any IG market is to open the IG Markets Web platform, click search and type the market type, then open the deal Tab and the current spread is displayed automatically.  😀

That's correct, with a variable spread system you need to keep an eye out. It all depends on the current availability of prices from liquidity providers and a spike in the spread may last just a couple of seconds or a raised spread may be longer for planned news events etc. The advantages of the variable system are a lower spread overall.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am asking about maximums, especially during 5pm est, not where the live spread is, you can't practically monitor spreads by glancing at live data.

Obviously these things vary by liquidity etc., and some brokers cap maximum spreads during 5pm EST on some pairs, even if they are not capped, there are often consistent maximums, so this data is extremely important.

I assume by the lack of replies IG does not publish historical spread data at all, like e.g, Oanda does (https://www1.oanda.com/forex-trading/markets/recent), and Saxobank does (https://www.home.saxo/nb-no/rates-and-conditions/forex/classic-historical-fx-spreads).

If that is the case, is there some spread monitor tool that can be used on the desktop or web platform?

Thanks.