Sign in to follow this  

Min Contract Size for "Ether ($1)" is 0

Question

The Min Contract Size for Ether ($1) (Cryptocurrency) is 0. According to the API, it should be 0.5.

https://imgur.com/5jAPWPR

I'm using a Demo-Account if that helps. On the Live-Account the Min Contract Size is 0.13.

3 answers to this question

@Nexuscrawler,

The minimum size for IG's UK Spread Betting account is £0.50 per point. This is on a 'Live' account. I am not sure about the UK 'Demo' account. 

@TrendFollower,

I think that this is just a bug on the demo account, because it doesn't make much sense to be able to create an order with a deal size of 0. It is even declined with an error message if I try to do that. Just wanted to report it here.

@Nexuscrawler,

It seems like it from what you are stating but it does not make sense as if you wanted to test your use of leverage and refine your risk management in terms of risk / reward then a deal size of 0 makes little sense. 

You may wish to report this to IG's Customer Services. That would be a better place to report it to ensure someone from IG looks at it promptly and advises your accordingly.