TradingView Support

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Tradingview for 2 years and PRT for 3 months. Imo PRT is flexibel when trading different assets classes since you can open en close windows very easely. For charting and in-chart trading Tradingview is much more superior. I would like to suggest to have both. 

I agree with Rick, if IG will implement Tradingview, it should be in a manner where you can log into your IG account via Tradingview. Many brokers integrated Tradingview, but it is of no use if you can not use the full potential of in-chart trading and login to your account through Tradingview. Charts only is not giving what is Tradingview made for. Based on what 'Rick' was saying if checked Forex.com. And indeed, they are one of the few brokers who did integrated the full potential.

I talked to Tradingview what would be the best solution what will not cause many effort from IG. A suggestion would be that clients of IG could log into there IG account through Tradingview. Based on log in, the IG customers are the only ones who will get the real time quotes and are the only ones who are able to see IG pricing and such. If IG does not want to make any more costs, it could just offer a login through Tradingview and let the responsible of a Tradingview subscription to the customer itself. This solutions would only cost IG the open up some ports on their IT systems and Tradingview is happy to assist with this. According to Tradingview this could be fixed in just a couple of clicks.

I would love to get a response of IG about this.

Regards,

Ben

FXCM is now a supported broker on TradingView, its currently limited to Forex and Indicies. They have implemented full integration, so you sign into FXCM via the TradingView platform.

Is this even being considered IG? There are 10,000,000 active monthly users on TradingView 💰

image.png.f97966b12a57897464848994a3ed6ce3.png

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I opened an account at Forex.com and test the integration of Tradingview and comparing it (again) with PRT. As already mentioned, I used Tradingview for almost 2 years for charting and PRT for trading. In contrast to my previous post on July 16th, I must conclude that Tradingview is far more flexibel than PRT.

Discussing with the helpdesk of Forex.com I understand why it is so difficult for some brokers to have a cooperation with Tradingview. It is all about risk management. The 'products' being offered by IG.com are CFD's and those are OTC's and therefore there is a conjecture that IG.com does not want the quotes to be public. This is the same with Forex.com.

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented, also see link: 

https://www.forex.com/en-uk/trading-platforms/forex/web-trading/

@CharlotteIG Can you give us some update of the status? Is this already discussed or still on the list of things to do for IG.com?

BR

Ben

Hi All,

I opened an account at Forex.com and test the integration of Tradingview and comparing it (again) with PRT. As already mentioned, I used Tradingview for almost 2 years for charting and PRT for trading. In contrast to my previous post on July 16th, I must conclude that Tradingview is far more flexibel than PRT.

Discussing with the helpdesk of Forex.com I understand why it is so difficult for some brokers to have a cooperation with Tradingview. It is all about risk management. The 'products' being offered by IG.com are CFD's and those are OTC's and therefore there is a conjecture that IG.com does not want the quotes to be public. This is the same with Forex.com.

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented.

@CharlotteIG Can you give us some update of the status? Is this already discussed or still on the list of things to do for IG.com?

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 09:29, Guest Ben said:

Hi All,

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented, also see link: 

https://www.forex.com/en-uk/trading-platforms/forex/web-trading/

BR

On 05/09/2020 at 07:21, Guest Matthieu said:

Yes, very good suggestion. Preferably the full version (with reverse option, all the indicators, etc,..)

On 07/09/2020 at 13:16, Guest Ben said:

Hi All,

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented.

Ben

Ben

We weren't going to reveal this yet but yes IG and TradingView are going to be having a much deeper relationship and we look forward to IG being a broker you can trade with on TradingView :D 

Unfortunately we don't have a roll out date but are looking forward to making it available. 

All the best  

• Great! 2
10 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

We weren't going to reveal this yet but yes IG and TradingView are going to be having a much deeper relationship and we look forward to IG being a broker you can trade with on TradingView :D 

Unfortunately we don't have a roll out date but are looking forward to making it available. 

All the best  

That's lovely!  Great news 😘 

• Like 2
On 24/09/2020 at 11:44, CharlotteIG said:

All the best  

Thank you @CharlotteIG

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/09/2020 at 11:44, CharlotteIG said:

All the best  

Will this be working for shares dealing too?

• 1 month later...

Hi @CharlotteIG, assume TradingView integration isn't going to be with us until sometime next year now? 

Do you know if it will be possible to place 'Stop-Limit' orders via Tradingview? It's currently not possible via the IG Web-app which makes it dangerous to place market orders before the open.

I had a situation where the market gapped up 100~ points away from my order which was then still triggered. Stop-Limit order would allow me to specify a maximum price I'd like to get filled at rather than just anything above X which is currently the case.

I'm going to try MT4 to see if its possible on there but I'll hold off if Tradingview is coming very soon. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Wizard

Keep adding to this, Trading view integration would be a game changer for IG. Loads of people i know would ditch other accounts for this. Two super powers in one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Would be nice to have this

Still waiting on this, would be nice to have tradingview integration. Easier to use and a much better platform with all the indicators. Would have been helpful if Ig had vwap indicator have to use other platform until this is available.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...