TradingView Support

PRT is one of two reasons I am with IG Index. Unfortunately, IG Index appears to be ignoring PRT upgrades since 2018, so clearly not concerned with customers who use it. 

• Sad 1

Guest Ben

I have been using Tradingview for 2 years and PRT for 3 months. Imo PRT is flexibel when trading different assets classes since you can open en close windows very easely. For charting and in-chart trading Tradingview is much more superior. I would like to suggest to have both. 

I agree with Rick, if IG will implement Tradingview, it should be in a manner where you can log into your IG account via Tradingview. Many brokers integrated Tradingview, but it is of no use if you can not use the full potential of in-chart trading and login to your account through Tradingview. Charts only is not giving what is Tradingview made for. Based on what 'Rick' was saying if checked Forex.com. And indeed, they are one of the few brokers who did integrated the full potential.

I talked to Tradingview what would be the best solution what will not cause many effort from IG. A suggestion would be that clients of IG could log into there IG account through Tradingview. Based on log in, the IG customers are the only ones who will get the real time quotes and are the only ones who are able to see IG pricing and such. If IG does not want to make any more costs, it could just offer a login through Tradingview and let the responsible of a Tradingview subscription to the customer itself. This solutions would only cost IG the open up some ports on their IT systems and Tradingview is happy to assist with this. According to Tradingview this could be fixed in just a couple of clicks.

I would love to get a response of IG about this.

Regards,

Ben

FXCM is now a supported broker on TradingView, its currently limited to Forex and Indicies. They have implemented full integration, so you sign into FXCM via the TradingView platform.

Is this even being considered IG? There are 10,000,000 active monthly users on TradingView 💰

image.png.f97966b12a57897464848994a3ed6ce3.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

They clearly don't give a rat's @ss chaps :)

In their defence, their web platform is far easier to use when it comes to making orders than TradingView.

Edited by dmedin

Add a +1 from me!  TradingView support would be phenomenal.

• Like 1

Guest Ben

Hi All,

I opened an account at Forex.com and test the integration of Tradingview and comparing it (again) with PRT. As already mentioned, I used Tradingview for almost 2 years for charting and PRT for trading. In contrast to my previous post on July 16th, I must conclude that Tradingview is far more flexibel than PRT.

Discussing with the helpdesk of Forex.com I understand why it is so difficult for some brokers to have a cooperation with Tradingview. It is all about risk management. The 'products' being offered by IG.com are CFD's and those are OTC's and therefore there is a conjecture that IG.com does not want the quotes to be public. This is the same with Forex.com.

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented, also see link: 

https://www.forex.com/en-uk/trading-platforms/forex/web-trading/

@CharlotteIG Can you give us some update of the status? Is this already discussed or still on the list of things to do for IG.com?

BR

Ben

Guest Matthieu

Yes, very good suggestion. Preferably the full version (with reverse option, all the indicators, etc,..)

Yes, very good suggestion. Preferably the full version (with reverse option, all the indicators, etc,..)

Guest Ben

Hi All,

I opened an account at Forex.com and test the integration of Tradingview and comparing it (again) with PRT. As already mentioned, I used Tradingview for almost 2 years for charting and PRT for trading. In contrast to my previous post on July 16th, I must conclude that Tradingview is far more flexibel than PRT.

Discussing with the helpdesk of Forex.com I understand why it is so difficult for some brokers to have a cooperation with Tradingview. It is all about risk management. The 'products' being offered by IG.com are CFD's and those are OTC's and therefore there is a conjecture that IG.com does not want the quotes to be public. This is the same with Forex.com.

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented.

@CharlotteIG Can you give us some update of the status? Is this already discussed or still on the list of things to do for IG.com?

Ben

Just reading the Tradingview sub Reddit, looks like IB is in progress.  Bit of a missed opportunity here IG.

SmartSelect_20200917-055402_Reddit.jpg

14 hours ago, Quacker said:

Just reading the Tradingview sub Reddit, looks like IB is in progress.  Bit of a missed opportunity here IG.

SmartSelect_20200917-055402_Reddit.jpg

Following on from this I figured I would ask the question regarding IG.  Response from TV below.

SmartSelect_20200917-202736_Reddit.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/09/2020 at 09:29, Guest Ben said:

Hi All,

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented, also see link: 

https://www.forex.com/en-uk/trading-platforms/forex/web-trading/

BR

On 05/09/2020 at 07:21, Guest Matthieu said:

On 07/09/2020 at 13:16, Guest Ben said:

Hi All,

Forex.com managed to have a contract with Tradingview that the Tradingview application will be available for their customers when they login to their account on Forex.com. They have fully implemented Tradingview into their platform, since Tradingview is light and flexible to be implemented.

Ben

Ben

We weren't going to reveal this yet but yes IG and TradingView are going to be having a much deeper relationship and we look forward to IG being a broker you can trade with on TradingView :D 

Unfortunately we don't have a roll out date but are looking forward to making it available. 

All the best  

• Great! 1

10 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

We weren't going to reveal this yet but yes IG and TradingView are going to be having a much deeper relationship and we look forward to IG being a broker you can trade with on TradingView :D 

Unfortunately we don't have a roll out date but are looking forward to making it available. 

All the best  

That's lovely!  Great news 😘 

• Like 2

@CharlotteIG

I wonder how many people have lost money because of IG's faulty Pivot Point calculations?

Maybe you can give me some of my money back?  I'll only spend it on IG again :D 

Guest Ben
On 24/09/2020 at 11:44, CharlotteIG said:

All the best  

Thank you @CharlotteIG

Ben