TradingView Support

On 23/04/2021 at 08:10, georgio said:

https://www.ig.com/uk/tradingview-brand?CHID=2&QPID=3765044505&QPPID=2&CrID=127861668&PLID=270415934&dclid=CPTW1Ynhk_ACFcLsuwgdynIBQA

you can get tradingview pro for free but you might need to be a new member, not sure why us current members arent able to use IG with Tradingview

how strange. so this means the integration is live but it isn't being rolled out yet? @CharlotteIG any insights?

54 minutes ago, Max_ said:

how strange. so this means the integration is live but it isn't being rolled out yet? @CharlotteIG any insights?

Looks more like, if already have an IG account, then create a basic Tradingview account then email your Tradingview username to IG and they will inform TView to upgrade your TV account to TV Pro.

image.png.08a33e7c11ebc1f49ffd5a7f226e82f9.png

• Sad 1

Reading the T&Cs it appears that current users of IG and TV are not eligible for this offer. 

It would appear that this is a new account drive for IG prior to the official launch - I say that as TV has not listed IG as current enabled brokers. 

https://uk.tradingview.com/brokers/

If this is the case, it would seem a real shame as I'm currently a Pro+ TV user and would meet the IG trading threshold. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TFFX_ said:

Reading the T&Cs it appears that current users of IG and TV are not eligible for this offer. 

It would appear that this is a new account drive for IG prior to the official launch - I say that as TV has not listed IG as current enabled brokers. 

If this is the case, it would seem a real shame as I'm currently a Pro+ TV user and would meet the IG trading threshold. 

This is like a bad joke, for over a year we've talked about and anticipated the IG - TV hookup and with input from IG staff as well. And to find now that current IG clients, and even past clients are not eligible seems very weird.

Surely his will change?

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, TFFX_ said:

Yeah same, TV pro + member also, But I only trade the ASX with my share trading account through IG, I have not touched the CFD side of things.  I really hope all IG clients get some form of broker connection with TV should it ever go live.  Either by CFD or Share trading across all markets.  Sounds like the race is on between IG and IBKR.

Managed to get hold of support via the chat this morning and they confirmed my suspicion. This is only for new client creating a TV account and opening an IG account. This is currently the business relationship with TV at the moment and it will not includes links to execution. It was hinted by the user that there was "more to come in 1-2 years" with TV....so it seems we can not worry about this thread for another 1-2 years...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, TFFX_ said:

Managed to get hold of support via the chat this morning and they confirmed my suspicion. This is only for new client creating a TV account and opening an IG account. This is currently the business relationship with TV at the moment and it will not includes links to execution. It was hinted by the user that there was "more to come in 1-2 years" with TV....so it seems we can not worry about this thread for another 1-2 years...

This is the case. Sorry I haven't got back to this I've been liaising with the teams and there were some dates being said but I didn't want to confirm until I had the facts. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'd also like to voice my support for this feature request. TV is becoming one of the most important charting platforms. As a TV Pro+ subscriber, I'm already considering switching brokers just for the convenience of trading through TV, despite the fact that I'd need to handle my taxes myself.

Best, jck

2 hours ago, Guest jck said:

I'd also like to voice my support for this feature request. TV is becoming one of the most important charting platforms. As a TV Pro+ subscriber, I'm already considering switching brokers just for the convenience of trading through TV, despite the fact that I'd need to handle my taxes myself.

Best, jck

Thank you for your feedback Jck. This feed does get passed onto our team who are working with TV so it's very useful to have these comments. 

All the best 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Joshua

My point of view is IG have the widest market to trade and lowest spread as well, and Tradingview have the best charting tools. If we can trade with IG on Tradingview, the rest of the brokers will be eliminated soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest Andrew

Is this ever going to happen? As a long term IG customer I'm very frustrated that you haven't integrated with TradingView. I like using IG but I'm seriously thinking of moving to a TradingView listed broker if it doesn't happen very soon.

Guest If not now when

Another vote for full IG TV integration. I want to place my sb's on the TV chart with the nice red and green thingy. I used it with Oanda for a while and it was a game changer. Set the red green risk/reward tool up with a defined risk percentage, right click and transmit order to broker. Wallop. Unfortunately when we left EU they discontinued full Oanda integration (view account only). I left Oanda and am now back with IG but that was the future and I want it back! Charlotte crack the whip on those back office boys and you're guaranteed a place in our hearts for at least one year! Terms and conditions may apply.

On 26/05/2021 at 10:59, CharlotteIG said:

Thank you for your feedback Jck. This feed does get passed onto our team who are working with TV so it's very useful to have these comments. 

All the best 

If the option is already offered to some new customers that would imply the technical ability already exists. Is it a mere matter of contract between TV and IG? If so it's a bit unfortunate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2021 at 23:18, joculldemo said:

Because IG’s true charts aren’t available in TradingView, what exchange are you all targeting when using that tool right now?

I would love to just have charts to get accurate data alongside my TradingView indicators 

FXCM is 0.1 point off on forex pairs vs IG's spread betting markets. It's good enough

On 21/07/2021 at 23:18, joculldemo said:

Because IG’s true charts aren’t available in TradingView, what exchange are you all targeting when using that tool right now?

I would love to just have charts to get accurate data alongside my TradingView indicators 

Tradingview use to use just Onanda prices for their FX charts but now they offer many broker's prices, but not IG's.

image.png.2b2c7091c54ccf1c056d836bbd5409e6.png

2 hours ago, Max_ said:

FXCM is 0.1 point off on forex pairs vs IG's spread betting markets. It's good enough

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 19:49, Quacker said:

Anything new to add on this?  Would love to see IG integrate with TV charts.

12 hours ago, B97 said:

Any updates on IG integrating?

Hi all,
As mentioned above so far IG and TradingView have a promotional partnership to access TradingView Pro + accounts.

I will forward your feedback on the integration of TradingView Charts, we are aware that it is a feature that is highly requested. 

Thank you - Arvin

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Guest Zala said:

Any status on the IG-broker implementation at TradingView?
Why is it going so slow?

Tradingview is perhaps the most nimble platform that exists.

Hi Zala

Thanks for reaching out and your question.

We are actively investigating TradingView and the values it can deliver to our clients. Naturally we are taking this very seriously and also using this as an opportunity to look at how we can work with 3rd party client trading technologies as a whole. Given the importance of this we have to prioritise the client experience of using TradingView and so this investigation phase has taken quite some time.

Being realistic it is not something we can expect this year but the next is looking promising. Apologies we are unable to be specific with a time frame however there are a number of moving parts. We will continue to give updates and feedback.

All the best - MongiIG

On 02/11/2021 at 10:14, MongiIG said:

Hello IG Community,

What features in TradingView do you like and want to be able to use?

Please kindly share your valuable & useful feedback. I will forward this to our development team.

All the best - MongiIG

This is brilliant, I personally would prefer that IG improves web platform rather than hook up with TV. But that is one voice in the ocean. 

Current IG web platform is great, it is very flexible and very simple, perfect canvas to make it even better.

List of desirable items that I would like to see in IG platform:

- TV has amazing view on stock fundamentals/financials, having something similar or even better in IG platform would be very desirable. I know that IG has a detailed financials as well, but having some visual representation of that data would be very desirable. I've already requested Stock Performance details to be added on Market Data page.

- Allow adding of stock, indexes, FX or any other instruments that are not allowed to be traded from my account on my watchlist. It is a bit annoying that the IG platform removes instruments that I cannot trade from my watchlist. I might need them in my watchlist as general market indicators and by IG removing them, you are forcing me to use other platforms such as TV to keep track of the overall market. I know I can have a quick glance at them from different menus on the left, but why not have them in one place which is my watchlist.

That is it for now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Burim said:

This is brilliant, I personally would prefer that IG improves web platform rather than hook up with TV. But that is one voice in the ocean. 

Current IG web platform is great, it is very flexible and very simple, perfect canvas to make it even better.

List of desirable items that I would like to see in IG platform:

- TV has amazing view on stock fundamentals/financials, having something similar or even better in IG platform would be very desirable. I know that IG has a detailed financials as well, but having some visual representation of that data would be very desirable. I've already requested Stock Performance details to be added on Market Data page.

- Allow adding of stock, indexes, FX or any other instruments that are not allowed to be traded from my account on my watchlist. It is a bit annoying that the IG platform removes instruments that I cannot trade from my watchlist. I might need them in my watchlist as general market indicators and by IG removing them, you are forcing me to use other platforms such as TV to keep track of the overall market. I know I can have a quick glance at them from different menus on the left, but why not have them in one place which is my watchlist.

That is it for now.

Hi @Burim,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion and feedback. I will forward your feedback to our developers department to be reviewed.

All the best - MongiIG

On 02/11/2021 at 20:44, MongiIG said:

Hello IG Community,

What features in TradingView do you like and want to be able to use?

Please kindly share your valuable & useful feedback. I will forward this to our development team.

All the best - MongiIG

Tradingview offers more reliable charting platform and a fairly decent screener (Ability to create your own screens using Pinescript would be great).  One thing that the IG platform lacks is the ease in which you can create alerts. 

TV you can simply draw a line and have an alert trigger when price crosses.  -> Draw a line, right click, add alert.  or click the small plus symbol near the price scale, add alert.   Or select MA, add alert for cross.  

TV also offers a very flexible system in which users can customise appearance, custom indicators etc etc.

TV watch lists that are easy to scroll through, I screen hundreds of stocks in my watch lists each night on TV, In a second if the chart doesn't grab my attention its usually not worth trading,  I'm unaware if this quick scrolling acting is something IG currently offers.

As soon as TV offers the ability to connect and ASX broker I will certainly consider options and make the switch. 

12 minutes ago, Quacker said:

Tradingview offers more reliable charting platform and a fairly decent screener (Ability to create your own screens using Pinescript would be great).  One thing that the IG platform lacks is the ease in which you can create alerts. 

TV you can simply draw a line and have an alert trigger when price crosses.  -> Draw a line, right click, add alert.  or click the small plus symbol near the price scale, add alert.   Or select MA, add alert for cross.  

TV also offers a very flexible system in which users can customise appearance, custom indicators etc etc.

TV watch lists that are easy to scroll through, I screen hundreds of stocks in my watch lists each night on TV, In a second if the chart doesn't grab my attention its usually not worth trading,  I'm unaware if this quick scrolling acting is something IG currently offers.

As soon as TV offers the ability to connect and ASX broker I will certainly consider options and make the switch. 

@Quacker have you tried ProRealTime? I to was heavy user of TV but have switched to ProRealTime.