Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  

What is the reason for this message?

Question

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 minute ago, Chenzo1 said:

image.png.6a03b30169605e95033e7b2c0dd5fd86.png

hi, there are a number of reasons it could be. It might be that IG has reached it's own risk limit for taking trades on that particular market, or it might be that the company's market cap has slipped below IG's minimum and IG are waiting for anyone still holding a position to close out before they remove it from the platform.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
30 minutes ago, Chenzo1 said:

image.png.6a03b30169605e95033e7b2c0dd5fd86.png

What is the stock? I will be happy to check the reason for you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

What is the stock? I will be happy to check the reason for you. :)

Hi Charlotte,

Please see below.

CIDARA Therapeutics. CDTC

ChromaDex Corporation. CDXC

Clearside Biomedical Inc. CLSD

Thanks

Chenzo.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

hi, there are a number of reasons it could be. It might be that IG has reached it's own risk limit for taking trades on that particular market, or it might be that the company's market cap has slipped below IG's minimum and IG are waiting for anyone still holding a position to close out before they remove it from the platform.

Thanks for your time.👍

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, Chenzo1 said:

Hi Charlotte,

Please see below.

CIDARA Therapeutics. CDTC

ChromaDex Corporation. CDXC

Clearside Biomedical Inc. CLSD

Thanks

Chenzo.

Hey, 

After speaking with the desk: 

CDTX currently has a big enough market cap but it's only just passed the three month threshold so we'd want it to stabilise a bit because its pretty much doubled this last month.
CDXC Has been added for you :)
CLSD market capitalisation is too small unfortunalety to offer on leveraged. 
 
:) 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 09/01/2020 at 15:35, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

After speaking with the desk: 

CDTX currently has a big enough market cap but it's only just passed the three month threshold so we'd want it to stabilise a bit because its pretty much doubled this last month.
CDXC Has been added for you :)
CLSD market capitalisation is too small unfortunalety to offer on leveraged. 
 
:) 

Hi Charlotte,

Still getting this message on CDXC. 

image.png.40c7185de5f49ef6d2b20141d7ff4cff.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 09/01/2020 at 15:35, CharlotteIG said:

CDXC Has been added for you

This seems pretty generous, he'll be the only bloke trading it so I bet IG will be hedging by betting against him :D  Or with him, if he's any good :D

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
13 minutes ago, dmedin said:

This seems pretty generous, he'll be the only bloke trading it so I bet IG will be hedging by betting against him :D  Or with him, if he's any good :D

with 10's of thousands of markets out there it's often the case that the broker will wait for client interest before including a company onto the platform.

The hedging by IG is not to bet against you but if required works the other way around. So if IG wants to hedge against your trade they will take out the same trade in the same direction so if you win so do they and they can pass their profit over to you, if you make a loss they take that loss to compensate their own loss.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, Chenzo1 said:

Hi Charlotte,

Still getting this message on CDXC. 

image.png.40c7185de5f49ef6d2b20141d7ff4cff.png

 

Thanks for your response. 

I checked with the desk again and the market cap was too small so it was set to 'non-leveraged' but our shares desk have just changed it to leveraged again. Please be aware this stock is 'Unborrowable' meaning clients cannot take short positions. If you're looking to place a short position, you can call us and one of our dealer can check for borrow. 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, dmedin said:

This seems pretty generous, he'll be the only bloke trading it so I bet IG will be hedging by betting against him :D  Or with him, if he's any good :D

As @Caseynotes mentions, we hedge the same way as our clients we only make money from the spread. If you do have any stocks on the platform you can't see we can check with the desk and add them as log as they meet the minimum cap size and we're able to trade on the exchange. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      8,855
    • Total Posts
      48,558
    • Total Members
      61,459
    Newest Member
    SeanLew
    Joined 31/03/20 02:15
  • Posts

    • Dow's moving up this week  But it's got a long way to go before we see the highs we were earlier this year.  Was 22nd March the turning point for the bear?
    • Can anyone help me understand how the account value is calculated? For example on the below... I didn't pay £4,903.90 for the positions        
    • Hello friends, I have my account with IG to trade forex and now I was looking to buy some shares (American). Should I add ISA account OR Share dealing account ? what's the difference. IG Support team left this company on its own, NO answer from them, email/phone. Thanks,
×
×