US Dollar Basket web chart

JohnMcClane

Question

Looks like it's in "zoom" since yesterday, the graph bars look giant and I can only fit 4 bars on weekly chart on my screen just like in the picture I uploaded and it doesn't change, so I can't look at the weekly trend and can't see moving averages (also a problem when I switch to daily chart). Is it broken and how can it be fixed?

US Dollar Basket ($5)_20200111_12.26.png

6 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, JohnMcClane said:

Looks like it's in "zoom" since yesterday, the graph bars look giant and I can only fit 4 bars on weekly chart on my screen just like in the picture I uploaded and it doesn't change, so I can't look at the weekly trend and can't see moving averages (also a problem when I switch to daily chart). Is it broken and how can it be fixed?

Hi, sometimes this happens if it's the first time you've opened the chart, there is not the historic data loaded, it seems to right it's self fairly quickly, maybe try a platform restart.

image.thumb.png.ceacf5b6887a1ac9bf29ab057c5f026e.png

On 11/01/2020 at 12:53, Caseynotes said:

Hi, sometimes this happens if it's the first time you've opened the chart, there is not the historic data loaded, it seems to right it's self fairly quickly, maybe try a platform restart.

image.thumb.png.ceacf5b6887a1ac9bf29ab057c5f026e.png

Not the first time, I've traded it before. Somehow it's not correcting itself since Friday :(

I closed the graph by clicking [x] and reopened it, then even refreshed the page to no avail..

7 hours ago, JohnMcClane said:

Not the first time, I've traded it before. Somehow it's not correcting itself since Friday :(

I closed the graph by clicking [x] and reopened it, then even refreshed the page to no avail..

ah ok, the problem seems specific to your account and it's strange as you've had the chart open before, you may have to phone the helpdesk and ask for tech support.

On 11/01/2020 at 09:27, JohnMcClane said:

8 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

ah ok, the problem seems specific to your account and it's strange as you've had the chart open before, you may have to phone the helpdesk and ask for tech support.

With Spread betting forward contracts we recycle the epic used for spreadbet, whereas for cfd it's a new epic every contract which is why this happens. 

This is why you see historical data on spread betting (shows previous contracts) but with CFD you don't.

• Thought provoking 1
1 hour ago, CharlotteIG said:

With Spread betting forward contracts we recycle the epic used for spreadbet, whereas for cfd it's a new epic every contract which is why this happens. 

This is why you see historical data on spread betting (shows previous contracts) but with CFD you don't.

How peculiar ... 🤔

Maybe we should be using CFDs instead of 'spread betting' ... as it's more 'professional'

4 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

How come I did see historical data on this graph prior to Friday and now I don't see anymore?

My other pairs are also broken now.  (EURUSD, USDCFH, all others, commodities, indices, etc). They're all reset to 5 min charts with all indicators gone. When I try to fix it and add my indicators and switch it back to daily charts, it goes back to a reset to 5 min charts with all indicators gone.

Again, US dollar basket CFD always included historical data, that's why I opened a CFD account after trading it in demo and I have also traded it live until Friday when the historical data is suddenly gone.

Yes I realize it says "Forward" on US Dollar Basket now. It didn't say that before, it was US Dollar Basket, US Dollar Basket Mini and so forth. 

Edited by JohnMcClane