Sign in to follow this  

Brexit

Thought I'd open a new forum up, now the general elections done. 

Josh Warner had written a great informative piece about the events over the next year: https://www.ig.com/uk/news-and-trade-ideas/where-next-for-brexit--200124

• Brexit timeline
  • What is Brexit?
  • What should investors look out for
  • Formal negotiations begin: March 2020
  • EU summit: June 2020
  • Make or break: 26 November 2020
  • Deal or no deal: 31 December 2020
  • What about the UK’s trade with non-EU countries?

image.png

Let me know what you think. If you want any videos or articles on anything specific to help your trading let me know :) 

• Like 1

The big fat stupid idiot Boris Johnson is planning on using another kind of 'leverage' to 'force' people to accede to England's demands.  Rule Britannia and all that b0llocks.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is mulling to use the threat of high tariffs to raise pressure on the European Union, the United States and other nations to strike trade deals with Britain, The Times newspaper reported on Saturday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-trade-usa/uk-to-use-high-tariff-threat-to-raise-pressure-in-trade-negotiations-the-times-idUKKBN1ZO01Y

4 minutes ago, dmedin said:

The big fat stupid idiot Boris Johnson is planning on using another kind of 'leverage' to 'force' people to accede to England's demands.  Rule Britannia and all that b0llocks.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-trade-usa/uk-to-use-high-tariff-threat-to-raise-pressure-in-trade-negotiations-the-times-idUKKBN1ZO01Y

I wouldn't worry too much about it, once the Leftist Totalitarians seize power you'll be living in a pod, eating bugs, drinking cockroach milk and working 16 hour days on your laptop controlling robots in factories and warehouses.

Something to look forward to  🤩   

7 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, once the Leftist Totalitarians seize power you'll be living in a pod, eating bugs, drinking cockroach milk and working 16 hour days on your laptop controlling robots in factories and warehouses.

Something to look forward to  🤩   

We'll all be so blazed we won't mind 😎

On 25/01/2020 at 12:55, dmedin said:

We'll all be so blazed we won't mind 😎

I'm not sure I want to know what 'blazed' means 

• Great! 1
  • Sad 1

I know most of you are up to date with Brexit but there's a great time line as well as Sterling analysis around Brexit by DailyFX Analyst, Nick Cawley. 

• Brexit Departure is Just the First Step as UK-EU Trade Talks Near.
  • UK-EU Trade Talk Timeline
  • Sterling (GBP) Pushing Higher Post-BOE Meeting
  • GBP/AUD Daily Price Chart (MAY 2019 – Jan 31, 2020)
  • GBP/USD Pushing Higher, Eyes 1.3177
  • GBP/USD Daily Price Chart (May 2019 – January 31, 2020)

British Pound Latest: Sterling (GBP) Price Rally as The UK Leaves The EU

• Great! 1

Hope nobody here relies on any medication from the NHS.

Donald Trump will put the interests of corporate America first and demand that the NHS pays higher prices for US drugs in a free-trade deal with the UK, the outgoing British ambassador to Washington has told the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/31/trump-will-put-us-interests-first-in-trade-talks-says-kim-darroch-ambassador

“Maybe Boris’s relationship with Donald Trump is so fantastic that Trump will give him all this as a gift,” Darroch said. “But are they going to while we’re saying we are not going to have chlorinated chicken, not going to have your hormone-treated beef, not going to have all your genetically modified crops and we are not going to pay twice as much as we do now for American pharmaceuticals.”

So basically our future 'relationship' will be based on how much the mob boss of America likes the prime minister.

Sounds really optimistic and empowering.

Britain also says that, as an independent coastal nation, it will not trade away its fishing rights. At the same time, it is pushing for “legally binding” obligations on access to the European Union market for its important financial services industry.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/britain-on-collision-course-with-eu-with-trade-talks-mandate-idUKKCN20L1AX

Keep your hands off our fish, but keep sending your money to the City :D

• Thanks 1

Who else is really excited about having sovereignty over our fish again?  Rule Britannia!

Something that has been spoken about a little less but the impact of Brexit on Sterling

This is a piece by Jeremy Naylor an DailyFX, Justin McQueen about what's coming next and the impact it's having on sterling 

Let me know what you think of the piece and where you think sterling is heading