IG Mobile App -- Good for non-derivative investors?

Hi I am not interested in derivatives.  I plan to only buy and hold stocks or ETFs in an UK Share Dealing ISA account.

My research brought me to IG.

I like the idea of having a mobile app for my investment account.  I noticed that the app from IG is called "IG: Spread Bets & CFD".  The name seems to suggest that the app is for derivative trading.  Is IG (and the app) for someone like me?

My other option is Interactive Investor (also in UK).  Which also offer a mobile app.  Would II be more suitable for someone for me?

2 hours ago, HarbourMaster said:

@dmedin -- What is the name of the mobile app for the "Share Dealing" service?  On Apple Store I could see only "IG: Spread Bets & CFD" (and "IG Academy").  Also, what I am actually interested in is an "Share Dealing ISA" account.  Can I use an mobile app for that account?  Thanks!

IG might not have made it available on the appstore yet

@CharlotteIG may know

12 hours ago, dmedin said:

IG might not have made it available on the appstore yet

@CharlotteIG may know

@HarbourMaster Thanks for your question. 

The App is for both leveraged and non-leveraged trading. You will be able to find and use the share dealing account on the "IG: Spread Bets & CFD". I completely see the confusion here due to the name and will bring it up with our app developers. 

image.png

• Like 1

@CharlotteIG  Thanks!  I just created a Demo account.  In which I could only find accounts for "CFD Trading" and "Spread Betting".  I also just downloaded the mobile app and logged into my account and saw the same.  Do you mean that (only) after I open an "Share Dealing ISA" account I will be able to see it in the mobile app? (as well as the web platform)  It would be nice if the demo account includes also that so that there will be less confusion.

On 12/02/2020 at 16:13, HarbourMaster said:

@CharlotteIG  Thanks!  I just created a Demo account.  In which I could only find accounts for "CFD Trading" and "Spread Betting".  I also just downloaded the mobile app and logged into my account and saw the same.  Do you mean that (only) after I open an "Share Dealing ISA" account I will be able to see it in the mobile app? (as well as the web platform)  It would be nice if the demo account includes also that so that there will be less confusion.

Answering my own question here.  The answer is yes.  Now I have opened my "Share Dealing ISA" account and have started using both the mobile app and the web platform.  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Great! 1