Sign in to follow this  

BBC 3: Young, Welsh and Pretty Minted: The 20 year old online trader who makes up to £200,000 a year

Before you know it, Stacey Dooley will be on the case asking if you want a nice cuppa innit!

most likely another con. every 3 or 4 years a naive reporter is duped into giving air time to a con artist who on the back of this monster publicity of fake then becomes a mentor to 000s of wannabies charging them 5 grand a month each.

though only a few months ago the Daily Mail did the same for Gurvin Singh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7856121/Instagram-Forex-trader-Gurvin-Singh-GS3-Trades-scams-1-000-victims-3million.html  

rinse and repeat

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

a naive reporter 

This is BBC 3 - the yoof of London channel - they're all beyond naieve lol

Guest For a young guy

My radar goes of just reading that article.

Buys a BMW i8 (flash car), but dresses as though he shops at Primark.

😂I bet he claims he only started with a £500 account ....as if what a load of BS!

33 minutes ago, Guest For a young guy said:

My radar goes of just reading that article.

Buys a BMW i8 (flash car), but dresses as though he shops at Primark.

These young guys are usually just the front man for one or more backers who stump up for the hire of the car and private jet for an hour for the photo shoot. With that kind of publicity reach he will currently be receiving thousands of requests for a subscriptions service and mentorships.  

As soon as I saw this.... i don't believe it.

"That's the day I first found out that I could make money without any GCSEs or qualifications,"

I am sure there are millions of people who do make money without qualifications. But £200k a year? REALLY! Statements like this, just encourage people to do reckless things.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    AdamKavan
    Joined 22/10/20 23:20
    • https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/when-performance-matters%3A-nasdaq-100-vs.-sp-500-second-quarter-20-2020-07-13 should look similar with GICS - i.e. NDX underweight (vs SPX)to Financials (incl. RE), Energy, Materials and Utilities together roughly 25%... and those went kinda nowhere over the more or less recent past...:     ...of course this is rather superficial, but (together with comparisons posted earlier) suggests really exactly two - closely linked - segments in global asset markets have been trending (up) recent years:  US large cap tech and consumer (incl. Healthcare) stocks.   ...apparently a significant share of all the money printed globally this period  seems to eventually somehow have found its way into these highly concentrated segments...
    • I know relative to some brokers (who are taking the absolute $%&*) IG fx conversion fee of 0.5% is okay, however its still an absolute joke that they and the industry can get away with this flagrant ripping off of customers. I would like to know if IG have any plans to reduce their conversion fee ( trading US stocks in an ISA) to compete with others such as Trading212 who don't charge fx fees at all.... I have a moderate account with substantial turnover, like others I know, I'm now considering transferring my account to 212 as I cant see any justification for such high fx conversion fees now its been shown thats its possible to remove them al together... Perhaps 0.1% to cover costs would be understandable, but 0.5% so 1% round trip on trading any size is ridiculous. I easily give IG thousands, if not tens of thousands a yr in fx fees...
    • Hey,  Unfortunately in Singapore we don't offer a non-leveraged account. We offer these types of accounts to other clients in other countries but not for Singapore.   Apologies for the inconvenience.