Sign in to follow this  

Spikes in US "all session" stocks

Question

20160723_004529 (800x450).jpg20160723_004734 (800x450).jpg20160723_004745 (800x450).jpg 

I spoke with IG twice in the past there is a problem with US stocks "all session". I don't know how they allow it to happen.

I changed the settings to opening hours in US but the daily charts still have spikes. about 30-50% is affected. I uploaded a bad picture but still ok for proof. VISA, Haliburton, Disney...etc

Daily Charts on FX are misaligned, opens and closes UTC instead of following the currency opening hours

I was waiting for somebody to compete with IG, wasn't anyone so far but recently Saxo Markets just showed up.

Do you guys have these problems?

4 answers to this question

Hi 

I checked my Disney chart (Daily) - it looked fine in both PRT and IG charts.

I would attach it so you could see it but I'm not sure how to attach charts to messages :(

Mac

Hi

What time settings do you have them on?

I changed couple of time settings but still some spikes, beside chart looks weird with gaps.

Thanks for reply

I used the daily time period with 200 units loaded - the same as in your images above :)

Mac

Hi  and .  Macd  is right, your chart should look like this (this one Visa inc) 

To post screen shot to the forum see pic 1. 

Pic 2.

Try 'help' - 'tech support' to send a message to IG tech explaining the problem, you can also send screen shots to them but google 'screen shot' first to see how to take one.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Lalitha
    Joined 22/09/20 12:13
    • Hi all, I used very tight stop losses which means for example like today the min stop requirement moved from the standard 4 to 12 points. This basically prevents me trading while this is in place. It's a frustration but is it a bad thing? Perhaps I should take the view that the market is too volatile and just wait it out. Some would think though that this is the right time to be trading. 
    • Guest hayeksbane
      Answering my own question i was charting off a spot chart and interpreting that data onto a futures contract....major newbie mistake do not do what i did. First lesson for me is trade the charts i am using to inform my decision making. second lesson, do not use spot charts to trade futures- i feel like a right numpty.
    • “Thus he calculates – somewhat frighteningly – that we will have 50,000 new infections a day by mid-October and 200 deaths a day a couple of weeks later.   I think Covid 19 is about twice as infectious as influenza. But the interesting thing is that he estimates the IFR (infection fatality rate) at the low end of 0.4%.