MT4 mobile version leverage

LKB

Question

Hello,

I am just starting to  use MT4 and I am not able to find the leverage when executing an order. Is there any information on risk management for the MT4 mobile version? How to I calculate the leverage there or how  can see it before executing an order? 

Thanks.

Edited by LKB

1 answer to this question

14 minutes ago, LKB said:

Hello,

I am just starting to  use MT4 and I am not able to find the leverage when executing an order. Is there any information on risk management for the MT4 mobile version? How to I calculate the leverage there or how  can see it before executing an order? 

Thanks.

Hi, IG use margin which is just another way to describe leverage and is the amount you must have in your account to place the trade, the size of the trade (number of contracts) determines how much of your available margin you need to execute.

The account margin is not on the base mt4 platform but is on the IG mt4 apps download when installed on the platform in the mini terminal and I think the trade terminal apps. It will tell how much margin is in use (open trades) and how much is left unused. If there is not sufficient free margin you will need to reduce the trade size for the trade to be accepted by IG.

I don't use mobile but presume the apps can be applied. See from the IG MT4 web page for the free apps pack add on.