Sign in to follow this  

Limit order new platform

I regularly buy and sell shares on the ASX. Being based in the UK this meant placing an order prior to going to bed. If my price was met then my order would action with no problems at all on the old platform. I can no longer do this on the new platform as it returns the message cannot action as market is closed. This means I have to stay up until the ASX opens. Does anyone no a way round this as I have corresponded with the so called 'Help' department several times by email and its like talking to a stone wall, and I just get one sentence answers that do not help at all. Failing that - how do I open the old platform?

12 minutes ago, Valentino said:

I regularly buy and sell shares on the ASX. Being based in the UK this meant placing an order prior to going to bed. If my price was met then my order would action with no problems at all on the old platform. I can no longer do this on the new platform as it returns the message cannot action as market is closed. This means I have to stay up until the ASX opens. Does anyone no a way round this as I have corresponded with the so called 'Help' department several times by email and its like talking to a stone wall, and I just get one sentence answers that do not help at all. Failing that - how do I open the old platform?

Correction - it will let me do it if I go by number of shares rather than monetary value. How daft is that

12 minutes ago, Valentino said:

Correction - it will let me do it if I go by number of shares rather than monetary value. How daft is that

Guess they need the whole number of shares on share platform? 

I hate the whole new platform ,Im sticking with the old one simpler and make less mistakes, Get rid of that they get rid of me

12 hours ago, Zum said:

I hate the whole new platform ,Im sticking with the old one simpler and make less mistakes, Get rid of that they get rid of me

Zum - How do you get the old platform up. I cant seem to find how to do it??

1 minute ago, Valentino said:

on the dashboard page of 'My IG' there is the blue 'go to platform' button, next to it is a small arrow for a dropdown box to access the old platform but remember the old platform runs on Flash which is to be discontinued soon.

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 01:47, Valentino said:

Click to the right of the login tab it will drop down to show old site,that dogs breakfast of a new site has cost me $$$