Hi to all, if I place a trade on the Weekend FTSE100  (Saturday say),does the position continue when markets open again for the week aheads trading on Sunday or is the position closed 20 minutes before Sunday trade starts?

Thanks.

Good question. I was wondering about the same issue yesterday and I don't know the answer. However I hope that weekend positions are closed when weekly trading starts. I need some deterrent from carrying on trading over the weekend. I love trading, but it's healthy to have a break.

13 hours ago, sponthespread said:

Hi to all, if I place a trade on the Weekend FTSE100  (Saturday say),does the position continue when markets open again for the week aheads trading on Sunday or is the position closed 20 minutes before Sunday trade starts?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, goldenbrown said:

Good question. I was wondering about the same issue yesterday and I don't know the answer. However I hope that weekend positions are closed when weekly trading starts. I need some deterrent from carrying on trading over the weekend. I love trading, but it's healthy to have a break.

see https://www.ig.com/uk/weekend-trading

Weekend trading is (surprise surprise) a bad idea, only recommended if you are in deep sh!t and need to take out a hedge on a position that you left open from the week before.  Stock was unavailable to borrow at the weekend so you didn't even have the ability to open a short against Wall Street etc.  lol

I bought a small lottery ticket Dow weekend

size 0.25 and then closed manually 0.15 and kept 0.1 open

then 15 minutes before future reopen they (IG) closed the weekend Dow and opened a position in cash Dow 

Same size and no extra spread

SUNDOW.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great! 1