Problem with Charts. Defaulting to 5 min charts.

Dennis1

Question

This happened yesterday and once the markets closed, analytics were reinstated. This morning all analytics have been removed again and charts default to 5 mins.

I got this eMail from them yesterday - have contacted them again today to ask why they don't want customers to trade on volatile markets.

Due to high traffic on the site we had to prioritise dealing over analysis.  In order to maintain good execution we disabled some of the chart analysis tools. We hope to enable it again after the UK market close but it will depend on platform traffic. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your email.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, we've recently launched our new Help & Support site which gives you answers from our huge knowledge-base, online community, and education hub.
Regards,
Anton Liebenberg
Trading Services

• Like 2

This chart issue stinks, IG take money off you when you're winning, they take money from you when you're losing and then guess what .......... make it almost impossible for you to trade at other times too,

IG, I pay you for a broker service , provide the service i pay you for and have set up.

Guess what, GoMarkets havent removed their charting analyticals or chart drawings, they answer their phones too !!

https://status.ig.com/

IG trading platform status

Chart settings issues

Monitoring - Chart settings should be working now. If settings are not re-appearing, please try refreshing your web browser to reload the platform.
Mar 10, 08:17 UTC

Investigating - We're aware that chart settings are not loading for our web platform, and we're hoping to have this resolved shortly.
Mar 10, 08:07 UTC

Mine appear to be working fine now. But I dont see why tech support cant be bothered to respond to my message or post to this forum. Makes it pointless other than to check whether or not it's your own pc that's gone wonky

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

Massive apologies for this issue. The chart issue should now be resolved. 

After speaking with the technical team they have confirmed that we couldn't operate whilst keeping the personalised settings. 

1 hour ago, andysinclair said:

My charts seem to be working fine now.

However, I am very concerned with system stability during times of high volatility/volume. It seems that the IG systems can't cope and nothing seems to have been done to address this since the last outage.

An explanation of what happened and action being taken is long overdue.

Can you help? @CharlotteIG 

2 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

@CharlotteIG,

Even I am getting the same error of charts defaulting to 5 mins which is pretty annoying. This has been occurring for a while now and prior to the recent extreme volatility in prices. 

Would IG be kind enough to explain the reason this is happening? Once they have done this can they offer a solution to this specific problem with potential timescales for resolution?

I will speak with the dealing desk to get a sufficient explanation on what happened yesterday/ this morning.