Sign in to follow this  

Market Closure on IG

I had a pretty weird event late last night. IG closed almost all major indices. When they came back live, the price rose dramatically like 2% plus in a few seconds. Was this closure due to IG rules or was the closure due to CME rules?

Very confused as it cost me a lot as it wiped out all my profits which were quite substantial and actually put my positions into loss. Just curious and would be grateful if someone could answer this question.

PS. Where do you think S&P 500 and FTSE indices will bottom out?  I bought a put option on the S&P500 with a strike price at 2000.

Guest James

i HAVE a margin call which i want to settle asap -  The problem is that I have tried to call IG 4 times - very hard to get thru and when they did pick up after 15 mins  and I provided my credit card which was not a UK credit card it was rejected - they did indeed promise and promise to call me back - but NEVER DID - I think their customer service is totally arrogant appalling and non existent - I will seriously considering to close out my account  with IG  -

IG please LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTomers OR YOU WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS and at least will stop growing ( if you are ?)    

Posted (edited)

After prices were out hundreds of points for hours on MT4, they have just returned to normal. 

Edited by AndrewS

Guest Bren

Sorry but my MT4 account in IG , dosent run, "trade is disable"

Why is it on FX market ??? 

Rules in stock market are like chocolate socks,algorithams in stock market can seek and kill trades,had previous experience where expert i followed suggested 300 stop loss i went 600 then i decided not enough went farfar more and enormous drop in minuites and return to top wiped me out, you will learn in time markets are not best place to find fairness,and honesty ,your up against serious influncers ,inside traders, and misleading news items ,and some alledged experts who are nothing of the sort in a group who bull each other up to get tv time and sell books and courses.