Cannot close contract

Hello

I want to close a Wall st Mar 20 contract, but when I try to close it I get a message " this contract is due to expire. Please open positions in the next contract." I don't want to open a new position, I want to close the current position. 

Any one know why it won't close. I have never had this problem before.

16 hours ago, Trevbeats said:

Did you get an info on this matter?

No info yet.

I have got a felling that because I was in profit for Wall st March, they didn't want me to be able to close it and take the money. They are most likely gonna try and manipulate the price to close me out at a loss on Friday. 

OR MAYBE I'M JUST A CYNIC.  🙁

• Sad 1

Guest TheInvestor

I think you need to call them.

I have my own post on this today.  Couldn't amend Stop OR Close Trade.  Info was actually missing from the chart.....refreshed the page and the trade was over......at a loss.  It's not the first time it's happened in 12 months either.

More fool me I guess, but i will be bringing it up with IG as I screen recorded it.

• Sad 1

Sorry to say this mate. I've had my concerns with IG business model over the last year.

IG = The House (their rules).

We are the punters shall I say suckers.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

I have my own post on this today.  Couldn't amend Stop OR Close Trade.  Info was actually missing from the chart.....refreshed the page and the trade was over......at a loss.  It's not the first time it's happened in 12 months either.

More fool me I guess, but i will be bringing it up with IG as I screen recorded it.

I think I need to start doing that.

Anyone get Phunware charts up?  I have a Long position open....Now reporting Market Closed!!

Never mind, it was Suspended thru Volatility....would be nice to know that on the screen.

Go Green Candle Go!

Hello, 

I'm new to IG but have been using a Demo Account. I opened a live share dealing account by mistake so have tried to open a spread bet account but it shows disabled. I've called IG twice now and am always told that the credit team will email me. then it says that i am not eligible for that account. However, they give me no reason for this and I've been on hold for 2 hours trying to get through to them. 

Does anyone know why the account keeps getting rejected?

Thanks 

Ben

Not sure best ring the London office. I have never been treated like that. Customers service is good. What platform you using and country?