Day Trading in stocks

I would like to start this thread for some advise from traders on day trading major stocks. I have been trading in FX for over 3 years now and sometimes the moves can be a bit unpredictable and wild and I have therefor decided to have a look into trading on stocks. My question is, is there any stock that has tight spreads and has a daily range of at least 50 points? I tried day trading on major UK shares on IG and it looks like they only move 5-6 points in a day. Any thoughts or recommendation will be much appreciated

• Like 1

Hello, I spread bet PLC, and they would fit your search.   Some only move 5-6 points a day some move a lot more.  Tights spreads...It all depends on market conditions but I think your find something there you like.  You just got to search them out, and do little bit of research. And theres a lot!  Even 5-6 point movement a day is Great, providing its moving in your direction :)  And that over a number of days, weeks, months can add up to a nice profit!  

15 minutes ago, johndala said:

Update: Sorry you asked for Day Trading.  I'll leave my comment here anyway!  If it helps, good!

Edited by johndala