Day Trading in stocks

I would like to start this thread for some advise from traders on day trading major stocks. I have been trading in FX for over 3 years now and sometimes the moves can be a bit unpredictable and wild and I have therefor decided to have a look into trading on stocks. My question is, is there any stock that has tight spreads and has a daily range of at least 50 points? I tried day trading on major UK shares on IG and it looks like they only move 5-6 points in a day. Any thoughts or recommendation will be much appreciated

• Like 1

Hello, I spread bet PLC, and they would fit your search.   Some only move 5-6 points a day some move a lot more.  Tights spreads...It all depends on market conditions but I think your find something there you like.  You just got to search them out, and do little bit of research. And theres a lot!  Even 5-6 point movement a day is Great, providing its moving in your direction :)  And that over a number of days, weeks, months can add up to a nice profit!  

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    kalyan1977
    Joined 05/08/21 06:30
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Team GB 4th in medals table at Tokyo 2020 Indices: CAC hits 20yr high as Europe overall expected to open mixed. Asia mostly up, ASX200 new record high. FTSE250, yesterday hi t a new record high FX: Watching sterling ahead of Bank of England rate decision at noon. USD received a boost as more Fed commentators indicate bullish commentary Equities: UBER multi-month low as costs outweigh good Q2 earnings. SIE raises guidance. Watching RR AIG today Commods: Brent tests $70 support
    • Hi all, Could you please check in My IG > Settings > Prices & dealing alerts: You can check if the alerts are correctly set up on that screen. If you have set up your alerts on a mobile app you might need to setup the alerts on the web platform as they won't carry over.  We are working on syncing both alerts across. All the best - Arvin
    • Hi @StevenCham, Your request has been submitted ! All the best - Arvin