Covid and the Economy

6 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

was reading that in an interview for the Sunday Times Johnson said he never realised that shutting down the economy would cause a recession? is everyone in this country an idiot?

It'll get worse when the UK is divorced from the EU and the foreigners are sent away :(

46 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

was reading that in an interview for the Sunday Times Johnson said he never realised that shutting down the economy would cause a recession? is everyone in this country an idiot?

I guess the next big thing will be the realization that shops, buses, trains etc. actually need a certain volume of paying customers to make a profit and stay in business rather than the slow trickle of an old man's prostrate currently allowed under the distancing measures. I saw someone refused entry to a bus yesterday because it was 'full'. It had four people on it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I guess the next big thing will be the realization that shops, buses, trains etc. actually need a certain volume of paying customers to make a profit and stay in business rather than the slow trickle of an old man's prostrate currently allowed under the distancing measures. I saw someone refused entry to a bus yesterday because it was 'full'. It had four people on it. 

So long as these ridiculous restrictions are in place the government has a duty to provide subsidies.  How can we expect businesses to stay afloat under these conditions?  It's worse in America where millions of unemployed are already lining up at the soup kitchens.  I'm surprised more cities aren't burning down there (well I guess the police and the army are pretty f*king brutal there)

12 minutes ago, dmedin said:

So long as these ridiculous restrictions are in place the government has a duty to provide subsidies.  How can we expect businesses to stay afloat under these conditions?  It's worse in America where millions of unemployed are already lining up at the soup kitchens.  I'm surprised more cities aren't burning down there (well I guess the police and the army are pretty f*king brutal there)

The cities are not burning because of the lockdown, the lockdown was by bipartisan agreement, the Dems wanted a harder and longer lockdown.

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Short investigative news report from Australia (7 min, dated 15/08/20) looking at Sweden's no lockdown policy and Switzerland's approach to the use of HCQ.

History to 'vindicate Swedish COVID-19 strategy'

Is that the same Sky 'News' that is putting out propaganda about police in Oldham needing 'more money' because they're so busy enforcing mask wearing (but only in areas that are predominantly white lol)

Britain on Monday urged elderly people and volunteers from Black and Asian minority groups to sign up to a COVID-19 vaccine trial registry to boost efforts to find a working vaccine against the disease that offers protection against higher risk groups.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-trials/britain-encourages-at-risk-groups-to-sign-up-for-covid-19-vaccine-trials-idUKKCN25C0WA

That's racist! 💨

6 minutes ago, dmedin said:

'Detect remnants' of the disease from July from someone has fully recovered?

Hugely confusing.  Let's 'trust the experts' :D 

Govt rejected the experts (immunologists) and science right at the start when they choose instead to listen to cunjouring artist Ferguson and his magical mystery models.

• Great! 1

Great stuff, Casey, you're spot on in your view that C19 is the biggest load of BS this century. I'm a Paramedic and have been telling anyone who would listen (and there weren't many!) that the real illness affecting the world was MPI or Mass Psychogenic Illness and NOT C19.

I've worked during this 'pandemic' and have yet to see any evidence that C19 is a deadly killer though still the vast majority of the medical profession is convinced that C19 is deadly, a grave danger to public health and we've only escaped by the skin of our teeth due to the heroics of the scientists,doctors and politicians.

The REAL scandal is yet to come however, and that is how the doctors are going to explain the deaths that we're caused in the ICU's in the early days of the panic. They'll swear blind that the deaths were caused by the lethality of C19 when the truth, in my opinion, is that in their panic and hysteria they put anyone who so much as coughed into an induced coma and killed them by ventilating them unnecessarily.

You might be interested in the ICNARC report on ICU addmissions in April (https://www.icnarc.org/DataServices/Attachments/Download/c5a62b13-6486-ea11-9125-00505601089b) which clearly shows that a generally younger and healthier group of C19 patients had a whopping 50.7% death rate compared to an older and unhealthier group of flu patients in 2017-19 who had a death rate of 22%. They question is WHY did these people die at such a high rate for an illness that has very similar overall mortality rate to flu outside of the ICU's?

I did also put my money where my mouth was and I stuck any money I could get my hands on into the stock market (via IG of course) around April 6th knowing that the market would realise that the C19 emperor had no clothes and shoot back up and very glad I did as I'm up something like 40% today.

All the best, Paramaniac

3 minutes ago, paramaniac said:

did also put my money where my mouth was and I stuck any money I could get my hands on into the stock market (via IG of course) around April 6th knowing that the market would realise that the C19 emperor had no clothes and shoot back up and very glad I did as I'm up something like 40% today.

Time to pull out before you lose it all, lol

10 minutes ago, paramaniac said:

All the best, Paramaniac

Thank you, I started this thread in March but had been posting the data (in random threads) that was coming out of Asian countries since mid Feb and what was being predicted for the UK just didn't add up. Managed misinformation ever since.

21 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Time to pull out before you lose it all, lol

IBD still saying 'confirmed uptrend'. They called an uptrend on April 6th and I use them for timing tops and bottoms but I am cutting some of my more profitable positions.

Edited by paramaniac
8 hours ago, paramaniac said:

IBD still saying 'confirmed uptrend'. They called an uptrend on April 6th and I use them for timing tops and bottoms but I am cutting some of my more profitable positions.

Might be time to get back in, just not any FTSE 100 stock :D

31 minutes ago, dmedin said:

HAHAHAHAHA

It's the latest 'hot topic' worldwide in the on-going diversion from reality that is the govts long term aim least people wake up and realise the whole covid thing is actually utter nonsense.

"German health officials warn against talking loudly, singing and laughing"

https://www.thelocal.de/20200820/germany-health-officials-warn-against-talking-loudly-singing-and-laughing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Great! 1

Of course now that we know laughing and singing are so deadly dangerous the govt must implement mandatory mask wearing at all times asap, in spite of the fact the govt told us just a few weeks ago that masks were of no benefit at all. 😳

Look, just do as you're told, we're trying to save lives here. 😆

Next week the govt says eyes and ears must also be covered, see even Biden gets it. 👀

Biden1.png.daa7fb19d960bb190590702f1add5562.png

• Great! 1

Part of the reason previous vaccines have taken years is because new technologies needed to be developed to make them possible.

But we've been preparing for this pandemic since before we knew what it would be, says Trevor Drew, head the CSIRO's Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, which is responsible for the organisation's COVID-19 virus and vaccine work.

"We called it Disease X. We didn't know what would come, but we knew something would come," he told the ABC in April.

"And then suddenly COVID emerged as the disease."

Read more about coronavirus:

Funding for this kind of pre-planning has been made more possible in recent years thanks to global funding body Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness (CEPI), which was formed in 2017 to start developing solutions for diseases that didn't exist yet.

Here in Australia, the CEPI-funded University of Queensland vaccine currently being tested in humans is based on a "molecular clamp" technology that was initially developed in the fight against Disease X and was able to be adapted to the new coronavirus as soon as its genetic structure was available.

Similarly, the Oxford vaccine, which is tipped as one of the frontrunners in the COVID-19 vaccine race, was ready for large-scale human trials so quickly because the research team had already tested very similar vaccines in humans for other viruses, including MERS and Ebola.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-08-27/covid-19-coronavirus-vaccine-fast-tracked-how/12589324

How convenient. Less than threes years after Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness (CEPI) was created we manage to have a disease that requires this funding body.

Stinks like a practice run. A 'imagine if Ebola wasn't contained' practice run.

And this:

Asset manager Franklin Templeton last month sponsored the first in a series of surveys of 10,000 Americans by pollster Gallup and found stark misperceptions about the effect of COVID-19 that may speak to both economic behaviour, the efficacy of public information and where people get their news.

For example, the poll showed people on average thought about 50% of those killed by the disease were older than 55 - whereas official figures show 92% of fatalities in that group.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-global-confidence/column-public-confidence-often-inscrutable-pivotal-for-recovery-idUKKBN25M0YI?il=0

"A scientist advising the government has condemned the lockdown, saying it was only enacted because “we couldn’t think of anything better to do”. It was a “panic measure” and he never wants “to see national lockdown again”.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/08/25/government-scientist-lockdown-was-a-monumental-mistake/

and a reminder of UK Govt advice on mask wearing from just a few weeks ago;

image.png.b213dfda5a10b85a40125fa6d9551933.png

Govt just basically going round in circles now trying to keep this BS alive.

"Earlier this year Fauci correctly noted that in known history of respiratory disease asymptotic spread is rare and never has been the driver for the spread."