Covid and the Economy

8 hours ago, HPbrand said:

Looks like Fauci been a lackey for a long time. Even Uncle Soros is young enough to stand on his own.

Gates Sr and Fauci.jpg

Hmm, 'left wing' billionaires, bipartisan establishment figures and Republican presidents.

Seems like a 'class' to me, and the whole Democrat/Republican false dichotomy is simply two cheeks of the same a.r.s.e :D

Edited by dmedin

We have a piece on our news and analysis page that goes through: 

• Understanding the potential S&P 500 recovery rate
  • Coronavirus outlook
  • What could happen if the situation worsens?
  • What could happen if the situation improves?
  • C-virus and unemployment
  • Assets most affected by the c-virsus outbreak and what you can trade

https://www.ig.com/uk/news-and-trade-ideas/coronavirus-impact-on-the-stock-market

image.png

Let me know what you think

• Sad 1

Thanks for the link to the dashboard. I'm not convinced about the historical comparisons to economic crashes, would it not make sense to compare this to SARS etc? Fewer data points though.

As for a two year recovery..... lets hope not. I got bills to pay.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

As for a two year recovery..... lets hope not. I got bills to pay.

It doesn't make any sense to call it an 'economic collapse' if it's simply a stoppage of work.  Neither does any of the talk of bankruptcies or job losses make sense if there is 'stimulus' from governments in the form of loans and payments for wages.  It only makes sense to call it a collapse if there were deep problems BEFORE the virus took place, and which are unravelling right now under the 'screen' of the virus lockdowns.

Capitalism itself is now a zombie, a corpse reanimated with lots of 'fake money'.

52 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

We have a piece on our news and analysis page that goes through: 

• Understanding the potential S&P 500 recovery rate
  • Coronavirus outlook
  • What could happen if the situation worsens?
  • What could happen if the situation improves?
  • C-virus and unemployment
  • Assets most affected by the c-virsus outbreak and what you can trade

https://www.ig.com/uk/news-and-trade-ideas/coronavirus-impact-on-the-stock-market

image.png

Let me know what you think

I think some people 'working from home' have found something very productive to do with their time and I can only wish I was able to do the same.

I think if this is a real crash there will need to be a major war, or else suicide rates will skyrocket - you can't really have tens of millions of people with nothing to do / unemployed for an extended time without society falling apart.  And yes, that will negatively affect the billionaire class too.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

You are implying that stating public information is somehow anti-semitism if it does not fit the mainstream narrative?

We are all free to choose what and how information is processed in our head. Keep doing what you do and think the way you do and get the same results you are getting in life.

You posted what looks to be a white nationalist website.  Those people have a strong tendency to be criminals.  Islamic extremism is non-mainstream so I suppose you believe in that too.

The BBC only covered the first few seconds of Trump's speech before the narrator intervened to inform the British public what to think ... but isn't that what the BBC has always done?  The British people have always been treated like brainless idiots by the establishment, and their behaviour tends to confirm it.

At least Bloomberg covered the whole speech:

• Great! 1

Just overheard an Aussie woman outside saying 'I was so appalled at their behaviour ... I would never do that'.

Got to make sure you don't get to close to these witches, they will give you the evil eye and talk ill about you all day long.

Just now, dmedin said:

Just overheard an Aussie woman outside saying 'I was so appalled at their behaviour ... I would never do that'.

Got to make sure you don't get to close to these witches, they will give you the evil eye and talk ill about you all day long.

amazes me how many people can't tell the difference between 2 meters and 5 meters, paranoid.

New York City, hardest hit by the outbreak, revised its death toll sharply up to more than 10,000, to include victims presumed to have died of the lung disease but never tested.

Remember, facts don't matter.  It's people's perceptions of reality that matter :D

57 minutes ago, dmedin said:

You posted what looks to be a white nationalist website.  Those people have a strong tendency to be criminals.  Islamic extremism is non-mainstream so I suppose you believe in that too.

The website I listed was one from a list of sites reporting on Thomas Binder. I am concerned with facts and not with ideologies of factions or believe in extremism.

Instead of focusing on the fact which I wanted to highlight, you appear to be projecting what my supposedly believes are. I don't make money or get paid for trying to emphasize the need for everyone to think for themselves to be more successful in decision making. I see it's waste of my time.

Please don't reply to this.

Edited by HPbrand
  • Sad 1

So the UK lockdown has been extended for three weeks! I just dont understand why. The new hospital in London has 19 patients, the new hospital in the north-east will probably never open. Why do we need more time?

I am also very confused about "flattening the peak". I understand why we needed to do it, and it looks like we have successfully done that. But why has the UK not declared the peak and started relaxing lockdown? Did the lockdown work too well and the peak is still in the future?

The removal of lockdown is going to be very slow, I don't see a way around that. Just read that Australia reopened schools and 97% of kids were kept at home by their parents.

We need to get started, people need a lot of time to adjust as they have been told they will catch this virus, die and kill the NHS. People need time to see that they will catch the virus, they wont die, they wont kill the NHS.

32 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

So the UK lockdown has been extended for three weeks! I just dont understand why. The new hospital in London has 19 patients, the new hospital in the north-east will probably never open. Why do we need more time?

I am also very confused about "flattening the peak". I understand why we needed to do it, and it looks like we have successfully done that. But why has the UK not declared the peak and started relaxing lockdown? Did the lockdown work too well and the peak is still in the future?

The removal of lockdown is going to be very slow, I don't see a way around that. Just read that Australia reopened schools and 97% of kids were kept at home by their parents.

We need to get started, people need a lot of time to adjust as they have been told they will catch this virus, die and kill the NHS. People need time to see that they will catch the virus, they wont die, they wont kill the NHS.

the lockdown is slowing the gaining of herd immunity but it is preventing a surge of unwell people from overwhelming the nhs, in the meantime business bankruptcies are mounting. 

Those at risk of becoming seriously unwell (the over 65s (89% of deaths) and those with serious underlying conditions) should be in lockdown, the rest of the population should be out saving the economy. 

Prolonged economic destitution will cause the premature deaths of a lot more people than the virus will.

image.png.69ea48c51612ac64fade4e7210b9dfe1.png

Today's 'active cases' data from Sweden;

image.png.07e2241cd32c0e9e35a322fda8dc4292.png

There is also increasing evidence that the majority of positive antibody tests are people who never even knew they had ever been infected.

Edited by Caseynotes

yeah right 🙄

First Squawk @FirstSquawk

26s

CHINA CANCELS CLINICAL TRIALS China’s efforts to find drug treatments for Covid-19 are being hampered by a lack of suitable candidates for clinical trials as the covid outbreak has been gradually brought under control, one of leading experts on respiratory diseases says: SCMP

Bill Etheridge @BillEtheridgeuk  If this works out to be an effective treatment I look forward to the media lauding @realDonaldTrump for his early recognition of it

'Robert Peston  @Peston  Interesting that @MattHancock said "early signs" show that hydroxychloroquine may be "very effective treatment" for #Covid19. He implied UK government is acquiring significant stocks of it'