Covid and the Economy

Still can't quite work out why we are deliberately destroying the economies of every first world nation because of this flu virus. Yesterday I went shopping at the local mega supermarket where the shelves were all well stacked and I happily mingled with well over a hundred people doing our shopping but I'm not allowed to go to the local pub (avg 20 people) or the local gym (avg 20 people).

The latest stats on US cases I saw was on Friday night where it was reported 99% of cases were classified as mild (normal flu like symptoms) and 99% of deaths were in the over 70s age group. True the death rate for WuFlu is higher than common flu currently 1% vs 0.1% in most western countries. Italy is looking like an outlier compared to the rest at this stage and no one seems sure what's going on there. Also is the fact that most of the US cases are in just 2 large cities with the rest of the country relatively unaffected. For example the state of Arizona has 7 million people and is now in total lockdown because of the death of 1 person (over 70 years old with an underlying medical condition) and people are starting to ask why? The WuFlu cases are still nowhere near the number of normal flu cases where a week off sick is all that's needed for over 99% of sufferers. 

I understand the use of containment in the prevention of the spread of a disease but also know that if triggered too early has no affect other than causing bankruptcies and despair, my heart bleed over selfies on twitter of Sam Smith in tears all alone in his 11 million pound mansion 😪. In less than a week of lockdown some commentators are claiming it a great success because the infection rates are continuing as before (not rapidly expanding) hmmm.

None of this seems to fit together unless there is something huge we are not being told.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I happily mingled with well over a hundred people doing our shopping but I'm not allowed to go to the local pub (avg 20 people) or the local gym (avg 20 people).

Please, please, please STAY AT HOME.

Only visit the supermarket if absolutely necessary and keep your distance from other people. We all need to work together to stop this virus spreading and overloading our health system.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, andysinclair said:

Please, please, please STAY AT HOME.

Only visit the supermarket if absolutely necessary and keep your distance from other people. We all need to work together to stop this virus spreading and overloading our health system.

Today is a beaut of a day, I do encourage all punters to stay at home so I can enjoy the outdoors all to myself.

• Like 2

New UK Govt list of people with existing medical conditions who should protect themselves by staying at home, they should add to this list everyone over the age of 70. These are the people who need protecting not ordinary younger people who, if they catch WuFlu, will not need hospital treatment because their symptoms will be no worse than ordinary flu in over 99% of cases.

The US Govt directed total shutdown of all service businesses is predicted to lead to an 8% drop in US GDP for the 2nd quarter as well as mass bankruptcies. Repeat throughout every western country.

image.png.3ea67a19d5ff1af32840f037c2f8bdca.png

• Sad 1

Could be the beginning of a new world order - less globalized perhaps?  Or more intense 'regionalism'?  Oh dear, free trade and free markets don't seem to be working.  Or maybe they just aren't free enough?

Edited by dmedin

“What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them,” Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-who-ryan/lockdowns-not-enough-to-defeat-coronavirus-whos-ryan-idUKKBN2190E0?il=0

NWO is coming for you ... prepared to be 'isolated' ....

13 hours ago, dmedin said:

Next time you have to wipe your filthy **** with your hands, remember there are people far worse off than you.

PHOTO-2020-03-22-18-17-44.thumb.jpg.a7e9eafdce9f5eb048f90c29f9d53235.jpg

yes I agree, it's an outrage Hamas spends all aid money to fund terrorist attacks instead of spending it on the people they are supposed to represent.

• Sad 1

I'm really not happy with the scale of destruction. Worldwide infections are at 300k, which means 99.996% of people do not have it.

However... these view are generally unacceptable (and potentially career threatening) so best to keep quiet.....

7 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

I'm really not happy with the scale of destruction. Worldwide infections are at 300k, which means 99.996% of people do not have it.

However... these view are generally unacceptable (and potentially career threatening) so best to keep quiet.....

Flu is not like Ebola or Aids, flu requires herd immunity before it will go away, otherwise it just waits for people to come out again or for summer but will then come back again next year. Screening tests show most who test positive are asymptomatic while diagnostic testing shows the majority who show symptoms experience a normal flu type reaction, by far the majority of severe cases are in the over 70 age group or those with underlying conditions. The big difference is the death rate which is 10 times normal flu which is why the vulnerable should be protected and isolated while herd immunity is acquired.

• Like 1

London underground this morning and a London supermarket over the weekend. People still need to eat and some still need to work in order to afford to be able to eat.

Meanwhile the mayor self isolates 'to set an example' and the Govt crashes the economy because er, everyone else is.

Important note South Korea is already over the viral epidemic without any enforced lockdown.

image.png.9a5287920f2a29c6ebf714f02e70cb57.png

image.png.25e53c8146b0b9fb490fac8fb1234635.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

London underground this morning under new imposed lockdown. People still need money to be able to afford to eat, who could of guessed it?

image.png.5fea407bb0154a002fb33d3a257a3cfd.png

4 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

@Caseynotes What does the redline represent? The current critical bed capacity in the UK? ~10 bed/100k people?

correct though there is always flexibility within the system, every year winter pressures mean a increase in capacity to cater for the expected normal increase in common flue cases needing critical and intensive care beds.

NYC now has 50% of all US wuflu cases and still has some spare intensive care bed capacity, surrounding counties have next to no cases at all. 

• Like 1

I’m Your Huckleberry @RossFairchild

8h

A NY Doctor shared with Hannity his Hydroxy Chloroquine/Azithromycin results.

200mg 2x daily Hydroxy Chloroquine

500mg 1x daily Azithromycin

220mg 1x daily Zinc sulfate

350 patients • Breathing restored 3-4 hours • Zero deaths • Zero hospitalizations • Zero intubations

• Great! 1