Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nebuchadnezzar, do you not see the invisible finger writing on the wall?

Share this post


Link to post

Many souls shall perish in the darkness of nights that lie ahead.

Share this post


Link to post

This is hilarious, having caused public hysteria the govt is now using the public to create policy ...

image.thumb.png.7eba43f9a4e4ddcab4005b7da01e8841.png

Share this post


Link to post

Tom, there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth in the darkness that lieth beyond the gates.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

This is hilarious, having caused public hysteria the govt is now using the public to create policy ...

image.thumb.png.7eba43f9a4e4ddcab4005b7da01e8841.png

 

 

Tom, gird up thy loins for the day of reckoning.

Share this post


Link to post

oh no, the govt was right in the first place, masks really don't work ... now what 🤷‍♀️

 

image.png.6e069f0ba2232a3e3e647c2c7e5dc9df.png

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

and don't worry, already planning lockdowns for climate change after the covid farce finally runs out of steam ...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/we-need-to-act-boldly-now-if-we-are-to-avoid-economy-wide-lockdowns-to-halt-climate-change-11600879250?link=sfmw_tw

 

That's good, climate change is going to be catastrophic otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting thread on T- cell immunity (rather than just anti-bodies) and Covid.

James Todaro, MD  @JamesTodaroMD

1/ There is growing evidence that T-cell immunity allows populations to reach herd immunity once only 10-20% are infected with SARS-CoV-2. This would explain why a highly transmissible virus in densely populated areas peaked at 10-20% infected regardless of lockdowns or masks.

6:19pm · 10 Aug 2020 · Twitter Web App

2/ The pervasive misconception is that we have zero immunity against COVID-19. Based on this flawed understanding, epidemiologists projected that herd immunity is not reached until 60-70% are infected. This is almost certainly wrong. Of course, the media ignores this research

3/ While antibodies against COVID-19 may only last months, T cell immunity can remain protective for years. In a study of 23 people who survived SARS in 2003, every single one had memory T cells that recognized the SARS virus 17 years later. (Nature) nature.com/articles/s4158…

4/ Moreover, blood samples from all 23 individuals showed “robust cross-reactivity” against SARS-CoV-2. This can be called crossover immunity. Crossover immunity is not limited to just people who were infected with SARS years ago though.

5/ In the same study, in 37 persons with no history of SARS or COVID-19 (negative serology and/or samples taken before COVID-19), over 50% had SARS-CoV-2 specific T cells. This is not surprising because there are at least 4 strains of coronaviruses that cause the "common cold".

6/ The above study is not the only one to show this level of cross-reactivity. In a study from April 2020, in 68 healthy donors never exposed to COVID-19, 34% had T cells that reacted to SARS-CoV-2. medrxiv.org/content/10.110…

7/ This finding was confirmed in yet another study published in Cell in June 2020 showing that 40-60% of unexposed individuals had T cell recognition of SARS-CoV-2. The authors hypothesized that crossover immunity came from “common cold” coronaviruses. sciencedirect.com/science/articl…

8/ Crossover immunity may explain why so many young and middle-aged individuals are asymptomatic even when testing positive for coronavirus. It is likely that their T cells recognized the virus and mounted an immune response before even mild symptoms surfaced.

9/ What does this mean? All those runny noses from the common cold prepared our T cells to fight COVID-19. Although it has been ominously called the “novel-coronavirus”, SARS-CoV-2 is yet another coronavirus with many similarities in structure to the common cold coronaviruses.

10/ Why are the elderly hit so hard by COVID-19 though? Indeed the strain of coronavirus that we faced in 2020 is more lethal than those in the past, specifically in the elderly and immunocompromised...

11/ ...With an understanding of T cell immunity, it makes sense that the elderly are more affected by COVID-19. It is well known that persons in advanced age and/or who are immunocompromised lose T cells. medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-c…

12/ Let’s get back to herd immunity via T cells. If ~50% of people had T cell immunity prior to SARS-CoV-2, then that leaves 50% of the population susceptible. In the regions hit hardest by COVID-19, serology studies show new cases and deaths peaked at around 10-20% infected.

13/ Adding the 50% who already had T cell immunity from common cold viruses to the newly infected 10-20% equals about 60-70% immunity. Not coincidentally, 60-70% is the percentage epidemiologists project is necessary for herd immunity with a respiratory virus.

14/ It is likely that many of the hardest hit regions of the world (e.g. Lombardy, NYC, Madrid, London, Stockholm) are now at herd immunity. Lockdowns & mask ordinances (mostly coming after the peak) likely had little effect, with the exception of perhaps prolonging the spread.

15/ Sweden is an example of what herd immunity looks like without lockdowns or masks. Based on serology testing, ~20% of Stockholm was infected by April. Deaths peaked in Sweden in April. Today, the pandemic is over in Sweden with zero deaths per day & subsiding new infections

16/ Lockdown advocates will challenge this thesis and point to Indian slums and areas in Peru that reached much higher infection prevalences. However, malnourishment is rampant in these very poor regions…And it is well known that T cell function is reduced in the malnourished.0

17/ This research on T cell immunity is largely being ignored by the mainstream media, possibly due to political and pharmaceutical interests. Hint: Assuming $35 per vaccine dose (Moderna’s price), vaccinating just the USA alone will result in a revenue of ~$10 billion annually.

18/ Considering that the coronavirus vaccine industry has the potential to be the biggest profit maker big pharma has ever seen, it is not surprising that we are seeing an overly aggressive push for lockdowns and masks until there is a vaccine—no matter the cost.

19/ Special thanks to the efforts of @dockaurG, @ProfKarolSikora, @FatEmperor, Dr. Beda Stadler (former director of the Institute for Immunology at the University of Bern) and many others who have been talking about T cell immunity for quite some time now.

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Special thanks to the efforts of @dockaurG, @ProfKarolSikora, @FatEmperor, Dr. Beda Stadler (former director of the Institute for Immunology at the University of Bern) and many others who have been talking about T cell immunity for quite some time now.

 

Do any of them talk about demon sp^nk as well?

Share this post


Link to post

'German Minister Admits Lockdown Will Kill More Than COVID-19 Does'

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/german-minister-admits-lockdown-will-kill-more-covid-19-does

 

Total non covid deaths spiking now in the UK due to the knockon affects of the lockdown.

 

And don't forget the report for the German govt that was leaked back in May (posted previously);

'More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.

The reason is a scandal in the making:

A Corona-focused German healthcare system is postponing life-saving surgery and delaying or reducing treatment for non-Corona patients.'

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2020/05/29/german-official-leaks-report-denouncing-corona-as-global-false-alarm/

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hope you're staying fit and cheerful Tom!  Can't see to see those 15 minute charts on Monday!

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post

'Day three of a 10pm curfew: people in Liverpool have gone to the off license to pick up more drinks and continue to party in the street.'

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • No evidence basic cloth masks prevent virus spread, increasing evidence they don't.
  • No evidence total lockdown prevents virus spread, increasing evidence it doesn't.
  • Lockdown did not protect the NHS, NHS running at 50% capacity since March.
  • Surging excess deaths (non-covid)  due to NHS running at 50% capacity since March.
  • 90% false positives on covid testing because the test can not identify who is infectious, only who had the virus, if you had the virus months ago you ceased being infectious months ago.
  • UK chief scientific advisor Patrick Vallance and US chief medical advisor Dr Fauci are both advising govts to continue with lockdowns until a vaccine is available, both have financial ties to vaccine manufacturers.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

 US Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently updated estimated infection fatality rates for COVID (those who actually contracted covid).

Here are the updated survival rates by age group:

0-19: 99.997%

20-49: 99.98%

50-69: 99.5%

70+: 94.6%

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

 

And just so you can 'get where I'm coming from' for the last 6 months here is a data set from Asia I posted way back in February (Daily Dashboard thread).

Looks pretty similar doesn't it and certainly a million miles from Ferguson's model predicting hundreds of thousands of deaths.

image.png.ef86c7f2ac7ecd667b8b9c79646543a9.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

And just so you can 'get where I'm coming from' for the last 6 months here

I say, Tom, you're so 'down with the kids' with your slang!  :D 

Share this post


Link to post

Covid Catch up and the govt is back on the 'you're all going to die if you don't comply' BS again, not surprising given how many people fell for it the first time round back in March with Grand Wizard Ferguson and his Magical Mystery Models.

Last week the chief scientific advisor Sir Patrick Vallance told us we would all be dead by Christmas illustrated by *that graph* but the wheels have already come off that wagon (see below). Still, when you've got 600k riding on GSK coming up with a vaccine you gotta keep this farce running somehow, fair play.

Boris meanwhile has been pulling so many new laws straight out of his ars3 that even he can't recite them without getting muddled though you on the other hand will be fined thousands of pounds because 'ignorance of the law is NO excuse'.

Great news on the vaccine front though which has reached Phase 3 and only causes all day migraines and fever, so basically the vaccine is really just a dose of COVID - hahaha. Very reminiscent of Gates's recent scheme to vaccinate Indian children for Polio which caused Polio in thousands of Indian children leaving them crippled for life.

But Gates has learnt from his mistakes, oh yes, now he's demanding TOTAL INDEMNITY before he starts, clever guy.

image.thumb.png.58d6170484dc6b97d3318e53d6f413ec.png

 

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad you've given up pretending to be a profitable trader and found something productive to do instead, Tom :D

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, Johnson just said pubs must close at 10pm because Covid but going to the cinema is fine. There is no coherence to this covid strategy at all, it's all just made up on the spot. The real concern is that there is absolutely no opposition from either journalists or Labour. 

Meanwhile the recent sudden surge in cases is blamed on delayed inputing on an excel spreadsheet ffs.

Anyway, increase testing = increase cases = increase deaths right -- err, no. Most 'new' cases are not new at all but months old.

And remember, the 5 year rolling average of deaths caused by flu and pneumonia type viruses is around 30,000 a year (the year before covid was around 50,000). Always mainly the over 75s with pre-existing medical conditions.

Covid has made no difference. The govt has destroyed the economy and society for nothing.

 

@melbprisoner

Sweden didn't lockdown -- yet have statistically insignificant total mortality for 2020, median age of COVID death 84, only 15% without preexisting comorbidities. They built strong community resistance and are now living normal lives again.

image.png.0b13193e5fb16c20d785c06cdeb180bd.png

 

image.png.d5b60f541ab9786f1d0478917720e1c9.png

 

@Holbornlolz

Britain: 1950 - "Everything is allowed that isn't expressly forbidden"

Britain 2020 - "Everything is forbidden that isn't expressly allowed"

Do you have a permit for that, Comrade?

 

 

 

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tom, there aren't any cinemas to go to any more :(

Just as well, all those kissing toms in the back rows would just spread their germs.

Share this post


Link to post

Carrot-face , your supreme leader, has recovered amazingly from the non-existent virus.

This is the treatment he has received , apparently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54418464

It seems a bit too much for a hoax, don't you think so?

Now, you regular citizen with tin-foil hats, are you going to get the same treatment if you catch it? Nah...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Never thought it was a hoax personally, but economic resources would have been better spent on isolating and helping the vulnerable rather than blanket nation-wide bans on everyone.

A Tory government is particularly badly suited to deal with crises like these, because Tories don't govern for the majority, they are the party of the rich and powerful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jlz said:

Carrot-face , your supreme leader, has recovered amazingly from the non-existent virus.

This is the treatment he has received , apparently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54418464

It seems a bit too much for a hoax, don't you think so?

Now, you regular citizen with tin-foil hats, are you going to get the same treatment if you catch it? Nah...

what does any of this actually mean? Covid is a corona virus, no one disputes this. The treatments are not controversial. How is someone catching a virus somehow a hoax? 

As for BBC reporting, even their lifelong supporters are having doubts ...

 

'BBC isn’t telling us the full story on Covid

The corporation is sticking to ministers’ line that ‘the science’ supports their policy when the truth is far more complex'

Matthew Parris

Saturday October 03 2020, 12.01am, The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-isnt-telling-us-the-full-story-on-covid-h2xm35pmh

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dmedin said:

Never thought it was a hoax personally, but economic resources would have been better spent on isolating and helping the vulnerable rather than blanket nation-wide bans on everyone.

A Tory government is particularly badly suited to deal with crises like these, because Tories don't govern for the majority, they are the party of the rich and powerful.

Just a reminder that Labour have always supported the actions of the govt re lockdown and economic destruction adding that they would have done everything harder and for longer.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

what does any of this actually mean? Covid is a corona virus, no one disputes this. The treatments are not controversial. How is someone catching a virus somehow a hoax? 

As for BBC reporting, even their lifelong supporters are having doubts ...

 

'BBC isn’t telling us the full story on Covid

The corporation is sticking to ministers’ line that ‘the science’ supports their policy when the truth is far more complex'

Matthew Parris

Saturday October 03 2020, 12.01am, The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-isnt-telling-us-the-full-story-on-covid-h2xm35pmh

 

I am just using your leader words:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/03/donald-trump-base-stays-loyal-president-fights-covid-19

I know it is obvious, just wanted to highlight the fact that it is obviously not a hoax and needs to be treated very carefully. So your never ending posts warning us that "we are being played", some of them directly pointed to me are now challenged. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jlz said:

I am just using your leader words:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/03/donald-trump-base-stays-loyal-president-fights-covid-19

I know it is obvious, just wanted to highlight the fact that it is obviously not a hoax and needs to be treated very carefully. So your never ending posts warning us that "we are being played", some of them directly pointed to me are now challenged. 

you've switched from the BBC to the Guardian now for your news, J esus wept.

The stats are perfectly clear, covid is no worse than many other previous strains of flu.

There is no greater mortality this year in the UK because of covid than normal and the same applies to Sweden who didn't even bother to lockdown ...

image.png.66d82ae9900c5420133deef391171561.png

 

image.png.6c05aa144c161d542436a8ff87dbf18d.png

image.png.f7612863e1efab4f410c6f8a6390ff58.png

 

 

Edited by Caseynotes
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

you've switched from the BBC to the Guardian now for your news, J esus wept.

The stats are perfectly clear, covid is no worse than many other previous strains of flu.

There is no greater mortality this year in the UK because of covid than normal and the same applies to Sweden who didn't even bother to lockdown ...

image.png.66d82ae9900c5420133deef391171561.png

 

image.png.6c05aa144c161d542436a8ff87dbf18d.png

image.png.f7612863e1efab4f410c6f8a6390ff58.png

 

 

I don't read news in English, they are too correct and polite for my taste. I prefer other languages. I just pointed the Guardian because they seem to be the funniest when it comes to attacking the conservative wing.

Can we spread-bet in Sweden? We'll need an extra coat but I am happy to move.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, jlz said:

I don't read news in English, they are too correct and polite for my taste. I prefer other languages. I just pointed the Guardian because they seem to be the funniest when it comes to attacking the conservative wing.

Can we spread-bet in Sweden? We'll need an extra coat but I am happy to move.

20 years ago UK news was second to none, now most of it is not worth the paper it's written on, as for Sweden you'll be fine, look no masks...

image.png.aea931cf018d29e121227f20a1b46c56.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×