Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

South Korea and Japan are winning

Deep cultural differences ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Deep cultural differences ...

 

the point is you can't quarantine an entire population, only sub sections. People won't sit indoors and starve to death so you have to let them out to shop so don't then really have a quarantine at all. Look at Belgium in the FT graph above, started quarantine very early on and it made no difference whatsoever.

Cultural differences;

image.png.6a331bca4d9c6d4496d4ad64741feb43.png

image.png.bf0d6b66c5f89eff2846cf4ab8ad0777.png

Share this post


Link to post

The study/studies are treating the pneumonia. Antibiotics and DMARDS (and moreover statins,  ace inhibitors, metformin as quoted in the study) have no place in treating a virus.

Share this post


Link to post

 

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

80 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, clinical improvement in all but 1 who died, 97% of the 80 were virus negative by day 5.

https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0mQGCxBJ2Xy7vkI-0gAHQ6leJuFzj-Bvx--SY0WoIBzKgp9cjViKBMsZ4

image.png.62dd42eb08d49d6679ac3ba99976daf7.png

"BREAKING: French government reverses earlier ban on hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID19 patients in light of successful clinical studies showing significant efficacy against the virus. Hydroxychloroquine may now be prescribed to treat COVID-19 in France."

image.png.61d4cea4131578271c22039248ab2c69.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

 

"BREAKING: French government reverses earlier ban on hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID19 patients in light of successful clinical studies showing significant efficacy against the virus. Hydroxychloroquine may now be prescribed to treat COVID-19 in France."

image.png.61d4cea4131578271c22039248ab2c69.png

“In France, the government caved to pressure from a doctor who ran his own very small and rapid trial of the drug combined with an antibiotic in 26 people, using methodology that has been seriously criticised. Dr Didier Raoult, a professor of infectious diseases who works at La Timone hospital in Marseille, then declared in a video on YouTube that chloroquine was a cure for Covid-19 and should be used immediately.“

You can hardly call a trial with 26 people statistically significant considering 660k confirmed cases worldwide thus far and 30k deaths.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ha05230 said:

“In France, the government caved to pressure from a doctor who ran his own very small and rapid trial of the drug combined with an antibiotic in 26 people, using methodology that has been seriously criticised. Dr Didier Raoult, a professor of infectious diseases who works at La Timone hospital in Marseille, then declared in a video on YouTube that chloroquine was a cure for Covid-19 and should be used immediately.“

You can hardly call a trial with 26 people statistically significant considering 660k confirmed cases worldwide thus far and 30k deaths.

actually I was referring to Didier Raoult's trial of 80 people (link posted previously) which is still not many but added to the US trials which give similar findings I suspect most would rather give it a go when the alternative is death.

yes, the danger is drowning in your own secretions during the pneumonia stage of the illness. In countries with wide spread testing only 1% of confirmed cases enter this stage, 99% of confirmed cases are either asymptomatic or classified as mild with normal cold or flu symptoms. Also, the 1% are almost exclusively in the over 70s age group. So hydroxychloroquine is treating the affects of the pneumonia rather than the corona virus itself.

There is still massive differences in the reporting of cases between different countries, it's just been revealed the German corona death rates are much lower because they count only if the death is actually by corona and not deaths of patients with corona.

Italy remains in a class of it's own, though as below, have a history of large scale death rates amongst the elderly in previous years that seem to have gone largely unnoticed.

image.thumb.png.1d2af7c805d0cf4790b1a8b08a3b1f7f.png

Share this post


Link to post

KUNGFLU 😉

The UK govt is telling us this morning that the total lockdown could well last into summer, great. In the US meanwhile the govt is thinking along the lines of isolating hotspots and allowing the rest of the country to get on about it's business, unfortunately the biggest hotspot is New York City which accounts for over half of all US confirmed cases.

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

First Squawk @FirstSquawk

20m

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: FRANCE, 1003 PATIENTS TREATED AT IHU MARSEILLE WITH THE HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE-AZITHROMYCIN

Share this post


Link to post

Corona (so far) vs regular flu average deaths/year US.

image.png.3030d00e00dd377c5eb5f0dcfb46f532.png

  • Thought provoking 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am very much looking forward to crunching the data on this in a year or two when we have a clearer picture.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

I am very much looking forward to crunching the data on this in a year or two when we have a clearer picture.

I'm looking to Sweden who have done the opposite of everyone else and have only locked down the vulnerable (the over 70s) and not the whole population and business. Should be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bopperz said:

I am very much looking forward to crunching the data on this in a year or two when we have a clearer picture.

 

All of us should consider ourselves lucky if we can survive that long.  😮

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

have only locked down the vulnerable (the over 70s)

Logan's Run :D

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

 

All of us should consider ourselves lucky if we can survive that long.  😮

all the data from countries with extensive testing shows that 99% of confirmed cases don't get pneumonia (which is responsible for the deaths) and so only exhibit normal flu like symptoms if any at all.

  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

All of us should consider ourselves lucky if we can survive that long.  😮

It's okey, I intend on surviving.

Dying does not feature in my trading plan, and I only follow the plan!

  • Great! 2

Share this post


Link to post

Place your bets; number of deaths by cause in the US so far this year;

RTAs = road traffic accidents.

CHF = chronic heart failure

image.png.5ca120b18979caaa98e6620ab6728643.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Place your bets; number of deaths by cause in the US so far this year;

RTAs = road traffic accidents.

CHF = chronic heart failure

image.png.5ca120b18979caaa98e6620ab6728643.png

Was about to ask about CHF, those pesky Swiss!

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

all the data from countries with extensive testing shows that 99% of confirmed cases don't get pneumonia (which is responsible for the deaths) and so only exhibit normal flu like symptoms if any at all.

Not sure where that stat comes from....from the WHO website: 

  • 20% of cases need hospital treatment.
  • Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. 

Also nobody is sure about the long term effects of having the virus, i.e. lung damage etc.
 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, andysinclair said:

Not sure where that stat comes from....from the WHO website: 

  • 20% of cases need hospital treatment.
  • Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. 

Also nobody is sure about the long term effects of having the virus, i.e. lung damage etc.
 

as stated earlier, if you are only testing people arriving at hospital in an ambulance you will have very few confirmed cases to match against the number of deaths so will have a very high death rate. Countries that do extensive community testing have far better data and a far larger number of confirmed cases such as South Korea, the data for which I posted earlier in this thread, see below.

Quite frankly the WHO have lost all credibility during this pandemic and have been so far behind the curve as to have been utterly useless. 

image.png.88945bb4b197d1db151f7cb2f4653bb8.png

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Haha,
 
4m
 

PM's spokesman: "If a shop is allowed to remain open it will sell whatever items it has in stock.” Police being told by No10 to wind their neck in a bit.

 
 
 

Small shops told Easter eggs are non-essential goods by police and local councils, trade body says bbc.in/2WQ5B0Z

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Old jug ears comes out of self isolation a week after testing positive to coronavirus you will all be much relieved to know.

https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/prince-charles-comes-out-of-self-isolation-after-c/

If a 70 year old can actually have the virus, recover and be back to work in 7 days.

Maybe the police could go visit some of our bin men/posties/tube drivers who seem to have a 30% sickness rate.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

yes please, immunity test kits, if you have corona antibodies you will be allowed to leave lockdown. If you have had flu this winter you may well pass this test but even if not you may have had corona and been asymptomatic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-germany-covid-19-immunity-certificates-testing-social-distancing-lockdown-2020-3?utmSource=twitter&utmContent=referral&utmTerm=topbar&referrer=twitter&r=US&IR=T

 

image.png.4f28ecc426bc675918fb83778aee3e83.png

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thought I would spend some time looking at the actual stats (from UK Government websites only) for UK flu versus COVID-19.

The official stats for flu are 312 deaths and 3,157 hospital admissions for the 2018/2019 flu season (over 6 months).

For COVID-19 there are today 9,000 patients in hospital beds and there were 159 deaths yesterday.

There are currently approx. 140,000 hospital beds in the UK and at any one time approx. 10% are empty.

Plotting these figures in Excel produces the charts below (I have used yesterdays COVID-19 death figure as an average is not yet available versus an average day during the flu season):

image.thumb.png.d2cd229ba18d11f7e700bd8917e29edd.png

  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, andysinclair said:

Thought I would spend some time looking at the actual stats (from UK Government websites only) for UK flu versus COVID-19.

The official stats for flu are 312 deaths and 3,157 hospital admissions for the 2018/2019 flu season (over 6 months).

For COVID-19 there are today 9,000 patients in hospital beds and there were 159 deaths yesterday.

There are currently approx. 140,000 hospital beds in the UK and at any one time approx. 10% are empty.

Plotting these figures in Excel produces the charts below (I have used yesterdays COVID-19 death figure as an average is not yet available versus an average day during the flu season):

image.thumb.png.d2cd229ba18d11f7e700bd8917e29edd.png

The deaths per day for the last flu season looks too low but of course many die at home rather than in hospital. In the graph from the NHS below which looks at flu deaths per year from 2014 to 2019 and the dominant strain of flu for each year, deaths per year ranges between 10,000 and 14,000.

650859261_Fluedeathsuk1.png.a3d0b99d8bd90a692bde5e3654104578.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The sweepstakes, Sweden is now in the field and the one to watch having no lockdown or business closures, just isolate the vulnerable and carry on as normal till it all blows over. 

image.thumb.png.44c17d08a13b84115875f8178dfa6463.png

  • Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      11,997
    • Total Posts
      60,746
    • Total Members
      80,807
    Newest Member
    prakashkonanahalli
    Joined 15/08/20 17:08
  • Posts

    • Trialling Stops please, a must for the ISA!
    • Volume profile, depth of market, orderbook, VWAP, VPVR, VPSV... all the basic things needed which for some reason are disabled.. seems odd that you don't want your clients to see this information? Even FXCM, OANDA, Pepperstone, ICmarkets, FXPRO & many more not listed all allow you to see this and have access to this vital information. ProRealTime v11.. It's about 2 years overdue now... frustrating not only having out of date features but more so when trying to back test things as it's limited on v10.3 to a maximum of 100k units.. that means with every day passing, I lose a day's worth of data.. PRT v11 allows you to have 1m unit backtest.. Also.. Custom, multiple take profits.. allow me to set a desired amount, for example.. ** points or **% at 10 pips away from entry ** points or **% at 20 pips away from entry ** points or **% at 30 pips away from entry ** points or **% at 40 pips away from entry.. Have a look at cTrader.. they do a perfect example of this, in advanced take profit section.
    • Early identification of trend or range days using market/volume profile and candlestick charts.  A mentoring video from the prop firm Axia Futures. (20 min)  
×
×