account approval

Pannacool

Question

8 hours ago, Pannacool said:

hi guys can you please approve my account it's been a few days now. thank you

Thanks for your post, 

I have informed the account opening team to check your account. 

Please note, we've had a lot of new applications which is why the opening stage is taking longer than usual. 

2 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post, 

Please note, we've had a lot of new applications which is why the opening stage is taking longer than usual. 

Hi Charlotte,

I also have an account opening pending, so could you just clarify that there are folks actually processing applications at the moment and what is the approximate lead time?

Certainly the "upload your documents" dialog is unrealistic with the statement "we'll aim to complete our checks within a couple of hours".

Thanks and keep safe!

4 hours ago, arn said:

Hi Charlotte,

I also have an account opening pending, so could you just clarify that there are folks actually processing applications at the moment and what is the approximate lead time?

Certainly the "upload your documents" dialog is unrealistic with the statement "we'll aim to complete our checks within a couple of hours".

Thanks and keep safe!

Thank you for letting me know. 

I will also put forward your email address. There's a whole team allocated to processing the applications at the moment due to high increase. I'm not sure on the approximate time but I will check and update. 

I will let them know about the message as I believe it is not appropriate with the situation at the moment. 

All the best, 

Stay safe 🙂 

Hello Charlotte,

I hope you are fine.

I also have this issue, everything has been approved but it still asked me to activate my account. It has been 3 weeks now. I have send several emails. Do you think you could help also please ?

Best,

Alex

On 27/03/2020 at 16:22, CharlotteIG said:

I will also put forward your email address. There's a whole team allocated to processing the applications at the moment due to high increase. I'm not sure on the approximate time but I will check and update. 

I will let them know about the message as I believe it is not appropriate with the situation at the moment. 

All the best, 

Stay safe 🙂 

Hi Charlotte,

So after your last reply something seemed to happen and my documents were approved, thanks. Since then my account is still pending activation. As mentioned by the many other forum posters, emails are ignored. I can't tolerate the stress of waiting in a telephone queue, so that's a no go for me at the moment.

Any chance you could give things another kick please?

I also note that the documents processing time message still hasn't been updated to reality. This falls into the category of working smart and not hard. If clients don't have the right expectations, then that causes more calls to support, which overloads the system, which results in delays, which results in IG not meeting expectations, rinse repeat.

Anyway, it would be much better to have an indication of how long an application takes before one signs up at all. At this stage in the chaos  it must be possible to make a good estimate.

Thanks, regards,

Arn.

7 minutes ago, arn said:

As mentioned by the many other forum posters, emails are ignored. I can't tolerate the stress of waiting in a telephone queue, so that's a no go for me at the moment.

Sadly, nowadays the only solution is to kick them on Twitter - financial services industry workers are trained to respond to negative Tweets as these have a higher probability of generating negative media coverage / higher reputational damage.

Guest Trader123

Hey, 

I am experiencing similar problem and would like to have my account opened as soon as possible. 

I have tried to send you email / called but with no result.

Many thanks,

Maire 

On 27/03/2020 at 20:04, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post, 

Hi Charlotte.

Could you please add me to the list, my documentation has been approved but my account still says waiting for activation, if someone could please activate it?

Thanks in advance

Paul

15 hours ago, Guest Trader123 said:

Hey, 

I am experiencing similar problem and would like to have my account opened as soon as possible. 

I have tried to send you email / called but with no result.

Many thanks,

Maire 

Hey Guest trader 123, because this is a guest account I'm not able to pass on an email address. 

If you could make a live account and message me I will be able to pass on your details. Please don't post you email address on the community. 

4 hours ago, paul2020 said:

Hi Charlotte.

Could you please add me to the list, my documentation has been approved but my account still says waiting for activation, if someone could please activate it?

Thanks in advance

Paul

@paul2020 - Thanks for your message. I will pass your details onto our account opening team. All the best. 

23 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Hey Guest trader 123, because this is a guest account I'm not able to pass on an email address. 

If you could make a live account and message me I will be able to pass on your details. Please don't post you email address on the community. 

@paul2020 - Thanks for your message. I will pass your details onto our account opening team. All the best. 

Hi Charlotte - could you do the same for me please?

Kind regards

Laurie

On 28/03/2020 at 03:22, CharlotteIG said:

All the best, 

Stay safe 🙂 

Hi Charlotte,

Can you please also check on my account activation. I have uploaded all the required document but still didn't receive any confirmation upon my opening.

Thank you,

Hang Nguyen

On 27/03/2020 at 17:04, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post, 

Hi, Charlotte!

I have the same concern. Can you also help me activate my account?

I have already already uploaded the required documents and they are still pending verification until now.

On 09/06/2020 at 00:10, linusmeneses said:

Hi, Charlotte!

I have the same concern. Can you also help me activate my account?

I have already already uploaded the required documents and they are still pending verification until now.

Thanks for your post, 

I will pass the email linked to your community account to our account opening team to query this. 

All the best 

8 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post, 

I will pass the email linked to your community account to our account opening team to query this. 

All the best 

Hello, Charlotte!

I already reached out to your team and they have activated my account last Monday.

Thanks!

• Like 1
Guest Longito

Hello Charlotte,

I hope you are well.

I have the same concern. Could you please have a look at my account please. I have uploded succesfully all the documents requires by your team.

thanks