Fee structure - question

leonardonhisbike

Question

Hi,

I'm currently only using the share dealing platform, but a little lost on fees that I'm charged.

It states £10 per US stock transaction.

It then states that if I've made 3 or more trades in the previous month then they are free.

Firstly, how do I know when the previous month will end? I have made 4 purchases in the past couple of weeks, but it's been nearly a month since I opened the account. Does my 2nd month start a month after opening the account, or making the first trade?

Secondly, is a trade classed as a purchase or sale of stock? Or does it only count after I've bought AND sold that stock, then that is 1 trade? I assume that just purchasing a stock will count as 1 trade, but want to know for sure.

Thanks

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

On 31/03/2020 at 13:13, leonardonhisbike said:

Hi,

I'm currently only using the share dealing platform, but a little lost on fees that I'm charged.

It states £10 per US stock transaction.

It then states that if I've made 3 or more trades in the previous month then they are free.

Firstly, how do I know when the previous month will end? I have made 4 purchases in the past couple of weeks, but it's been nearly a month since I opened the account. Does my 2nd month start a month after opening the account, or making the first trade?

Secondly, is a trade classed as a purchase or sale of stock? Or does it only count after I've bought AND sold that stock, then that is 1 trade? I assume that just purchasing a stock will count as 1 trade, but want to know for sure.

Thanks

The previous month is the calendar month.  1st - last day. 

If you make sufficient trades in the previous calendar month you will have reduced fees the following month. 

Buying and selling both count as trades. If you buy then sell your stock that will count as 2 trades. 

All the best

@JustStarting