Unable to purchase European shares

Dingu

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the IG community and trading in general. I've couple of questions with regards to purchasing the shares:

1) I'm trying to purchase Air Canada (AC) shares but unable view the AC under 'Share Trading' platform only under CFD trading. 

2) I'm trying to purchase Airbus shares but I'm receiving this error "Not suitable for European retail clients. Please call our dealing number to discuss." I'm not sure why, I guess it's something to do with my Account being accessed from Australia? I'm trying to connect with IG contact center for the last 1hr but unsuccessful so far :(

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

On 01/04/2020 at 11:09, Dingu said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the IG community and trading in general. I've couple of questions with regards to purchasing the shares:

1) I'm trying to purchase Air Canada (AC) shares but unable view the AC under 'Share Trading' platform only under CFD trading. 

2) I'm trying to purchase Airbus shares but I'm receiving this error "Not suitable for European retail clients. Please call our dealing number to discuss." I'm not sure why, I guess it's something to do with my Account being accessed from Australia? I'm trying to connect with IG contact center for the last 1hr but unsuccessful so far :(

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Thanks for your post. 

We don't offer shares that trade on the Canadian exchanges for share dealing. 

We do off it on leveraged but due to lack of borrow in the market it's currently unborrowable so you cannot short but can buy:

image.png

All the best.