Sign in to follow this  

Tiered Margining

Can IG please tell me what the tiered margin would be when I open a trade?

I can see it when I'm not in the tiers, but when I go over the first tier, all I see is "subject to tiered margining".

. From memory I think it is under market detail for the trade. I've just logged on the mobile app and couldn't see it. But I think on desktop it is under market detail.

, Thanks - yes, that's to find what the tiers are, but not the margin on the individual trade to be opened on the deal ticket.

Ah right I get what you mean now.  Yes good point.  I wonder if anyone at IG could help.  When you complete a deal ticket where tiered margin applies, the margin amount disappears.  I've never noticed that before.  You must have a much larger pot to play with than me  :smileyvery-happy:

Hi guys. You do make a great point, unfortunately our platform was designed a number of years ago and as the margins have advanced the deal ticket has been difficult to update. We're currently working to make improvements to the platform and hopefully in the near future you'll be able to see exactly how much margin would be required for a trade even if the trade size puts you into tiers. 

Enjoy your weekend!

I'm not sure my pot is larger than yours, its more that I am foolish enough to trade in illiquid stocks where the tier kicks in pretty much immediately :smileyhappy: