Why can't I put a trailing stop?

I'm a new trader too searching about trailing. I came across the same problem. I cannot place an ORDER with a trailing stop. I checked open and closed markets, same restriction. IG only allows a normal or guaranteed stop on an ORDER. However, the option is there for a DEAL. So if you go with a DEAL and accept the market price, you can use a trailing stop, but if you want to set your price first with an ORDER, you can't - doesn't make sense.

Also, you can not combine a guaranteed and trailing stop. That would be great if you could - the features exist, but not together 😞

Ideally I want to combine a guaranteed and trailing stop on an ORDER. That way, I get all benefits of setting a price I think is value, more profits if the market goes my way and certain risk if it doesn't.

Edited by Chargrill
completeness

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Ontology is making waves in the Web3 space by offering a unique solution to a major challenge: digital identity and data management. This high-performance, open-source blockchain empowers businesses to build secure and scalable solutions. Here's what sets Ontology apart: Focus on Identity and Data: Ontology specializes in decentralized identity (DID) and data solutions, helping businesses create trust and transparency in Web3. Flexibility for Businesses: Its infrastructure supports cross-chain collaboration and Layer 2 scalability, allowing businesses to tailor their blockchain needs. Dual-Token Model: Ontology utilizes both ONT and ONG tokens, decoupling gas fees from the core asset value (ONT) to avoid market fluctuations impacting transactions. ONT is currently traded on major exchanges like Bitget and Binance. $10 Million DID Adoption Fund: This recent initiative showcases Ontology's commitment to fostering innovation by empowering developers and educating users about decentralized identity. In summary, Ontology offers a secure, flexible, and user-friendly platform for building trust-based applications in the evolving Web3 landscape.
    • How many of you caught this off my previous posts?  I'm willing to bet no one Retracement down to both the 70.7% (SQUARE) retracement level AND the 75% level Extended Gann Box angle with the Indicators oversold! Come on it ain't hard Then you drop to a lower time-frame for entry! - You do NOT blindly buy the angle or the ret level, let the retail crowd buy those - you drop down to an Intra-day time-frame etc PS - This is what GANN was doing over 100 years ago - this is NOT new
    • The world of cryptocurrency can be exciting and fast-paced. New projects are constantly emerging, and there’s a constant buzz around innovation and potential. While I’m always following the latest trends, I recently came across an event that piqued my interest.   Bitget, a well-known crypto exchange, is hosting a futures trading competition with some truly incredible prizes. We’re talking luxury goods like a Louis Vuitton bag and a Rolex, or even a Tesla Model S! This is a great opportunity for experienced traders to test their skills and potentially win something life-changing. Of course, futures trading carries inherent risks, so it’s crucial to only participate with capital you can afford to lose and to have a solid understanding of the market before diving in.   Now, I know futures trading can be a bit risky, so this definitely isn’t for everyone. But if you’re already into crypto and have some experience trading, it might be worth checking out. There are even smaller rewards for achieving lower trading volumes, so you don’t have to go all-in to win something cool. Remember, these rewards are exciting, but responsible trading is always the best prize.
us