Clock on platform

Guest Sonia

I think the IG platform is great but what I find missing is a simple clock showing minutes and seconds..  This must be an easy thing to implement but would be really useful to have a constant view of the time, especially when you are looking to trade an event at a specific time.

On 09/04/2020 at 14:34, Guest Sonia said:

I think the IG platform is great but what I find missing is a simple clock showing minutes and seconds..  This must be an easy thing to implement but would be really useful to have a constant view of the time, especially when you are looking to trade an event at a specific time.

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I will put this forward. Are you looking to have it on the web platform or apps?

Let me know and I will make sure this feedback goes to relevant teams. 

Guest Padawan

Hi Sonia, I am curious about what you say. I usually trade on my Mac, and the time is always shown on the top bar of the screen. I think PCs show the time on the bottom right.

Why would you need that extra clock for?

Apologies for the delay in my response.  In the past using different platforms it shows the time, hour, minutes and seconds as part of the platform.  I also use a Mac but the time only shows when you move your mouse to the top of the screen, also it only shows the hours and minutes.  It is handy to know the seconds too especially when trading a major event. ie 1.29pm, would be great to see 1.29pm and 50 seconds which would mean an event starting at 1.30pm would start in 10 seconds.  I believe it would be a simple, useful addition to the site which could be incorporated on the top bar on the website where it currently shows your P&L.

On 14/04/2020 at 10:19, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I will put this forward. Are you looking to have it on the web platform or apps?

Let me know and I will make sure this feedback goes to relevant teams. 

My suggestion would be on both the app and the web platform, but I understand that the app may not have the space to incorporate the time, so maybe just on the web platform if not possible on both.

• Like 1

I agree, a clock would be useful.

However, I use the updated time on a liquid market in my watchlist to see the time. Prices in S&P500, DJIA etc are updated every second so the last update time is good enough for me (web platform only though as updated time is not an option in the mobile app).

• Like 1

Guest Trader Joe
On 24/04/2020 at 01:45, Guest Padawan said:

Hi Sonia, I am curious about what you say. I usually trade on my Mac, and the time is always shown on the top bar of the screen. I think PCs show the time on the bottom right.

Why would you need that extra clock for?

It's the SECONDS that is important, especially for exchange opening and closing time, and also when contract to be rolled over wrt interest charges by IG. Laptops and apps only shows HOURS and MINUTES. IG please consider inserting this feature on both platform and apps. Thank you Sirs.

Guest Trader Joe
On 21/06/2020 at 08:40, Sam7767 said:

My suggestion would be on both the app and the web platform, but I understand that the app may not have the space to incorporate the time, so maybe just on the web platform if not possible on both.

It's the SECONDS that is important, especially for exchange opening and closing time, and also when contract to be rolled over wrt interest charges by IG. Laptops and apps only shows HOURS and MINUTES. IG please consider inserting this feature on both platform and apps. At lease iPad can accomodate, though not sure about smart phones. IG would test it out, I'm sure (they are smart people). Thank you Sirs.