Withdrawal Process

kparsons77

Question

Good afternoon, 

I have recently joined IG and am looking to do some option trading in the near future. Before I get started, could you please provide all information related to your withdrawal process? I want to make sure that when it comes time to withdraw, that I am not met with unknown challenges and requests to provide more information about myself. 

All information at this time is appreciated. 

Regards, 

K. Parsons

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, kparsons77 said:

Good afternoon, 

I have recently joined IG and am looking to do some option trading in the near future. Before I get started, could you please provide all information related to your withdrawal process? I want to make sure that when it comes time to withdraw, that I am not met with unknown challenges and requests to provide more information about myself. 

All information at this time is appreciated. 

Regards, 

K. Parsons

@kparsons77 thanks for your post. 

When you're first with us we will have to send funds back to the source you funded with. If this is a card we can send it back very easily. If it's a bank account you have to send proof of your name and details linking to the payment. 

Once you've been with us for a while as long as we see proof that a bank account or card is in your name we can send funds back their. 

We also accept paypal. 

All the best, 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

@kparsons77 thanks for your post. 

When you're first with us we will have to send funds back to the source you funded with. If this is a card we can send it back very easily. If it's a bank account you have to send proof of your name and details linking to the payment. 

Once you've been with us for a while as long as we see proof that a bank account or card is in your name we can send funds back their. 

We also accept paypal. 

All the best, 

Okay.

I do have a few questions still (see below):

1. What is the difference between a card and a bank account? Please elaborate thoroughly.

2. Please also clarify "Once you've been with us for a while"? How long is this period?

Regards,

K. Parsons

7 hours ago, kparsons77 said:

Okay.

I do have a few questions still (see below):

1. What is the difference between a card and a bank account? Please elaborate thoroughly.

2. Please also clarify "Once you've been with us for a while"? How long is this period?

Regards,

K. Parsons

Hi, may be worth repeating the post after the weekend as can get buried and go unnoticed. I know that there is a difference between transfers with financial firms and a supermarket say as there are extra security and anti money laundering steps and that the card companies don't have automatic access to your bank account.

I've not heard of the 'send back to source for first time before', must be since I joined.