Jump to content

Unknown error when trying to close positions


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I'm trying out the demo spreadbet account and i keep finding that when i try to close a position it won't let me.  Very frustrating when you come into profit & then you can't close it out.  I should be able to close at any point right even if i have set a limit and stop? (not guaranteed stop). Luckily on my last two trades both hit my limits but i couldn't have intervened if i wanted to.

Thanks for the help

1889559370_ScreenShot2020-04-17at15_29_16.thumb.png.a5b7423d7da2a212e8bb6588114523e0.png!  

Link to comment
On 17/04/2020 at 15:42, u0362565 said:

Hi all,

I'm trying out the demo spreadbet account and i keep finding that when i try to close a position it won't let me.  Very frustrating when you come into profit & then you can't close it out.  I should be able to close at any point right even if i have set a limit and stop? (not guaranteed stop). Luckily on my last two trades both hit my limits but i couldn't have intervened if i wanted to.

Thanks for the help

1889559370_ScreenShot2020-04-17at15_29_16.thumb.png.a5b7423d7da2a212e8bb6588114523e0.png!  

Thank you so much for your post, 

There have been some issues with our demo account. Due to volatility we have to focus on our live account but we do apologise for the inconvenience. I will speak with our technical team to take some time for the demo account. 

We understand that the demo environment is a place people come to practice trading before they feel comfortable to move to a live account. 

Apologies again, 

All the best.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Guest u0362565
43 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thank you so much for your post, 

There have been some issues with our demo account. Due to volatility we have to focus on our live account but we do apologise for the inconvenience. I will speak with our technical team to take some time for the demo account. 

We understand that the demo environment is a place people come to practice trading before they feel comfortable to move to a live account. 

Apologies again, 

All the best.  

 

Thanks for your comments Charlotte.  What happens if you have technical issues closing trades on a live account, obviously this could have quite an impact on profit/loss.  Lets just say i was glad this was happening on a demo account.  You really want to know you can rely on the platform when its a live account.

 

31 minutes ago, RANZ said:

it happens with your live account too, closed positions don't disappear for a while. I just log out and log in again, kind a refresh!

Hi Ranz, thanks for that. So essentially when you press close it should have done it, its just not updating to say so.  I imagine this can be frustrating and potentially worrying on a live account..

Thanks

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Guest u0362565 said:

Thanks for your comments Charlotte.  What happens if you have technical issues closing trades on a live account, obviously this could have quite an impact on profit/loss.  Lets just say i was glad this was happening on a demo account.  You really want to know you can rely on the platform when its a live account.

 

Hi Ranz, thanks for that. So essentially when you press close it should have done it, its just not updating to say so.  I imagine this can be frustrating and potentially worrying on a live account..

Thanks

Thanks for your post. 

If this were on the live environment we are able to see delays therefore would compensate accordingly. 

The demo environment can have lagging issues especially when we're busy have have to direct our attention to live queries. We do apologise for the inconvenience. 

All the best, 

Charlotte 

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

@CharlotteIG Hello to you.

I've emailed on the 2nd April regarding this issue on my Live account and have had no reply.  I've never had a reply to my emails in the 12 months I've been with IG.  I'm wondering if you could look into this for me please?

 

Thanks.

If this is on your live account it's definitely an issues. 

If you've had a recent case let me know and I will get someone to investigate. 

Do any error messages pop up when you can't close the position?

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

If this is on your live account it's definitely an issues. 

If you've had a recent case let me know and I will get someone to investigate. 

Do any error messages pop up when you can't close the position?

Hi, yes, Live Spread Betting.  I've emailed twice adding video evidence of my inability to edit stops or close positions for 20 minutes.  I need to refresh the page to see candle movement etc.  Unfortunately it's not a new issue.  I've been advised many times to move to PRT, but it's a habit now hard to break.  Even today I'm missing candle info and Volume data.

Thank you.

Edited by nit2wynit
  • Sad 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,282
    • Total Posts
      90,911
    • Total Members
      41,397
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    matchifang
    Joined 07/02/23 01:14
  • Posts

    • European Stock Market Elliott Wave Investing Strategies Content DAX 40 - FTSE 100 - DXY - GBPUSD - EURUSD Market Summary DAX Wave (v) / FTSE Top. Elliott Wave Analysis DAX 40  Wave (v) of v) of 5. Forex Pairs Tops Trading Strategies. Nil Video Chapters 00:00 DAX 40 (GDAXI)  05:25 UKX / FTSE 100 10:56 Forex GBPUSD / EURUSD / DXY  18:16 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com    
    • Stock Market Investing S&P/ASX 200 Elliott Wave Technical  Analysis Content ASX200, CBA, IRON ORE, BHP, RIO, FMG,GOLD, NCM, GDX, PLS, LTR, DXY, AUDUSD, GOV-BONDS Summary Strong USD Turns resources lower. Banks still edging higher, creating choppy ASX200 possible top... Elliott Wave ASX 200  Wave (1) top Strategy ASX200  Very choppy environment. No Strategy. Video Chapters 00:00  S&P/ASX 200 (XJO)  / USD DXY 11:36 Commonwealth Bank CBA, XXJ 13:00 BHP Group (BHP), Rio Tinto (RIO), Fortescue Metals Group (FMG) 18:32 Newcrest Mining NCM / GOLD XAUUSD GDX 27:50 Lithium Stocks,PLS 30:52 AUDUSD / US Dollar DXY 36:46 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com  
    • Look Ahead to 07/02/23: RBA; GB Retail Sales; BP, BNPP earnings Australia’s central bank is likely to deliver a fourth consecutive quarter-point interest rate hike, after further tightening by the Fed, the ECB and the BoE. Brace for UK retail, earnings from BP (BP) and BNP Paribas (BNPP). Also, look out for US trade balance figures and Halifax house price data ahead of key UK growth data out later in the week.    Angeline Ong | Presenter, Analyst and Content Editor, London | Publication date: Monday 06 February 2023        
×
×
  • Create New...