IG Platform. Extra drawing tools

Connor3991

Question

I am new to IG to please forgive me if there is a thread on this already. I did a quick search and could not find the answer.

Is it possible to purchase additional drawing tools for the IG platform? 

I know there are many more options with MT4 and ProRealTime but I do not like the interface. IG is a lot cleaner and easier to use.

I am looking for a modified Schiff, action,reaction set and a Ray that extends forward in time, not back (unlike the trend line). Being able to connect two pivots with a line and then have the option to extend the line forward in time would be useful. I know a trendline does something similar but going backwards has no predictive value and clutters the chart.

I have used NinjaTrader in the past. Similar drawing tool capabilities would be useful. If there is a way of purchasing them that I have missed would someone please let me know.

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

I was thinking the same thing. What is the point of having a line that extends in the past?! Not only does it clutter the chart, as you say, but worse, it stops you from seeing clearly when you put it on! Conversely, the simple channel tool does not even extend forward, it's just between the two points at the time of drawing. Pretty hare-brained, I have to say. Really surprised that these two very simple-to-fix  things have been tolerated so far. I cannot believe others will not have brought this up ages ago. Maybe the moderator could pass this on as feedback?