Sign in to follow this  

Wheres my money gone!

Hi All

Started trading on here on the 15th. Bought some US stock, waited and sold it for profit and according to my account history made $190.70USD, now the interesting bit.

given £10x2 charges that IG take plus $0.13 commission by the time I'm back into GBP on the history I have 66.34 profit. How?? if exchange rate is 1.22 ish, (cant find it now) gbp should be 154 less fees?

What am I missing. 

Done subsequent USD profit trades making IG £120 in charges so far and all are showing low return in GBP.

so after a bit of digging i have found that there are obviously the £10 per trade fees as im in the first month, the minimal .10c section 31 fee and the 0.5% FX fee! gulp which looks like this on my trades so far (ive left out the bigger numbers this is derived from. the FX fee seems to be a bit hidden as it's not listed out anywhere.

First two lines show quite a difference as one was 600 shares and the other 150 both almost the same value.

image.png.908a3be10a6d00df569f52e8f259677e.png

Yes its far easier trading the demo account! They dont include all those extras!

Harsh if you are new to ig? No fee generally, on cfds, however the spread can be...lets say.....suspect!

Dan    

spread killed me yesterday - was bouncing between 2.8 and 4 and I had a 10 point stop loss in place - suddenly volatility increased and spread jumped to 10 points auto triggering my stop loss! - my trade lasted 3 seconds!!

The guys at ig.com were pretty sympathetic, explained process to me and it turns out it can happen - hard lesson learned!