No Trailing Stop

hunty

I have since learnt that share trading accounts does not offer that functionality, only a CFD account. 
There is no clear comparison between the account types offered by IG and what you get with it. 
I think it is grossly misleading & misrepresentation to lure people into the "Demo" account that offers functionalities which you then do not get when you have a normal share trading account. It even alludes to the benefits of these functionality as a must for good trading practice and for safety. It is all good and well to say then to get a CFD account, but by looking at the criteria to open one, is a whole new set of rules. 
I'll keep looking at other products to see how they compare and what you get with it.

Guest Hunty

Hi there trend follower, option, but I mostly

Interesting you say "I use the 'Trailing Stop' function on IG's UK Spread Betting account".  I was actually talking about the spreadbetting acount. I can see the 'trailing stop' option if I use the "DEAL" button, where the drop down provides for "Normal",  "Guaranteed"  or "Trailing" Stop....  but I mostly use the "ORDER" option and then only get the "Normal" or "Guaranteed" on the drop down ....unless I am missing something??