Demo - Pro Real Time..

Guest Vision

Question

Guest Vision

Hello all..

A quick question and it may seem pretty obvious, however I am a little confused so forgive me.

When looking to active PRT on demo account, it says that account will be charged £30 if you do less than 4 trades.

I understand that this is viable for real accounts.. but if I activate it on demo.. will my real account get charged if I don't then meet the criteria on live?

Sorry for the confusion.

9 answers to this question

On 23/04/2020 at 19:07, Guest Vision said:

Hello all..

A quick question and it may seem pretty obvious, however I am a little confused so forgive me.

When looking to active PRT on demo account, it says that account will be charged £30 if you do less than 4 trades.

I understand that this is viable for real accounts.. but if I activate it on demo.. will my real account get charged if I don't then meet the criteria on live?

Sorry for the confusion.

There is no confusion. I will let you know at the end of this month. I had the same question and couldnt find the answer anywhere. I wanted to practice with the PRT platform on a demo account (for free) but the message suggests you will be charged £30 if you use PRT regardless if its Live or not.

I took the plunge anyway as it seems to be a good platform with decent reviews. I'm using it only on demo just now so will find out if I get charged for it at the end of the month. (I have zero funds in my live account so we'll see what happens).

Guest Vision

I took the plunge anyway.. been a few weeks now, so should be coming up to the monthly limit. Will also keep you posted..

Would love to know when Pro Real Time v11 will be implemented.. I used their version through PRT website and it is miles better. I also asked them if opening an account through them for IG would allow me to utilize the PRT v11 platform but they stated no.. they stated they actually don't have anyone capable working on it who is at an adequate skill level. Not the news I wanted to hear.

On 08/05/2020 at 00:36, Spook1304 said:

There is no confusion. I will let you know at the end of this month. I had the same question and couldnt find the answer anywhere. I wanted to practice with the PRT platform on a demo account (for free) but the message suggests you will be charged £30 if you use PRT regardless if its Live or not.

I took the plunge anyway as it seems to be a good platform with decent reviews. I'm using it only on demo just now so will find out if I get charged for it at the end of the month. (I have zero funds in my live account so we'll see what happens).

I have the same question. We are in May 2020 now. Did you get charge for using Demo PRT platform?

20 hours ago, Sid47 said:

I have the same question. We are in May 2020 now. Did you get charge for using Demo PRT platform?

I only signed up to PRT 5 days ago (7th May 2020). I'll let you know at the end of the month if I get a charge. 
Although it is active for my Live account I haven't even launched the platform. I've only launched it for Demo.

Worst case I'll get a £30 charge but we'll see.

• Like 2
Guest Vision

I didn't get charged, however my Live account wasn't active. Result may differ if your Live account is live whilst simultaneously running demo.