All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi. I wonder why IG does not add fingerprint login for android mobiles. All apps for banks and other institute use fingerprint login for their apps except IG. But IG supports this on iPhone.
  3. Anyone know if other platforms are doing the same ?
  4. Người đang tìm kiếm một cổng thông báo đa dạng về tất cả nghành xung quanh cuộc sống từ sức khỏe; giải trí; món ăn ngon ẩm thực; thuốc and trang trí để bổ sung cập nhật thêm kiến thức làm cho giàu cho cuộc sống thường ngày của chính mình? Theo dõi Massageishealthy để cập nhật tin tức tiên tiến nhất mỗi ngày nhé các bạn!

5. Today
  6. Thursday's pre-market big names and charts.
  7. US durable goods data at 1:30 pm today. Dow and S&P still loitering just under the ATHs losing momentum but not looking too concerned, still waiting for a push. On the H1 Dow working it's way up to the new daily pivot around 26600 and Dax looking up at a first target of yesterday's high at 12350.
  8. @Xtian, Unfortunately the DRIP option is not available on IG. I accept this is disappointing for those who really want this option. This question keeps on constantly appearing. There are other threads on this very question where you will find more detail. If you type 'DRIP' or 'Dividend Reinvestment' in the search box and press enter then you should find other threads with this very question.
  9. @tombarrow, I answered some of the points from your post on the other thread.
  10. @tombarrow, On IG's UK Spread Betting platform there are quite a few Commodities that have both the 'Spot' and 'Futures' option available trade. There are some where just 'Spot' is available and others where 'Futures' is just available. You will have to go through them to ascertain which they are. If you look at Precious Metals then they all have a 'Spot' and 'Futures' option. I suppose there is more liquidity from a markets / trading perspective which could possibly be the reason for this. Yes there is overnight funding for 'Spot'. You are right 'Futures' do not have overnight funding but the spreads are less attractive. No overnight funding will not be displayed on the trade. IG will inform you of the charges by sending you a daily statement which includes them. You can alternatively go to the charges / cost section and try and work out the charges yourself.
  11. OK well that's very disappointing. I'm from Australia so I will have to find a another broker. Anyone have any recommendations ??
  12. Hi there New to trading metals and wanted to understand a bit more about the spot and futures pricing. I'll make the question in sections so it is easier to answer. 1) For base metals it seems only HG Copper has a futures and spot option. Does this mean there are no futures trading for the other metals? Or is the spot price derived from the LME 3 Month Futures Price? 2) Are there expiry dates on the spot prices and is there overnight funding for spot? (I am aware futures do not have overnight funding but are embedded into the spreads). 3) If there is overnight funding or an expiry date will they be displayed on the trade?
  13. Hi there New to trading metals and wanted to understand a bit more about the spot and futures pricing. I'll make the question in sections so it is easier to answer. 1) For base metals it seems only HG Copper has a futures and spot option. Does this mean there are no futures trading for the other metals? Or is the spot price derived from the LME 3 Month Futures Price? 2) Are there expiry dates on the spot prices and is there overnight funding for spot? (I am aware futures do not have overnight funding but are embedded into the spreads). 3) If there is overnight funding or an expiry date will they be displayed on the trade?
  14. Hi So I just joined, bought some shares, and pretty much just wanted to set and forget....well not completely forget, probably buy more later etc etc.... But the rudimentary task of reinvesting your earnings doesn't seem to be a thing here which baffles me? I asked one of the LIveChat people how do I set it so any Dividends that get paid are automatically reinvested into more shares in the company?.... He said they don't do reinvestments..... So obviously I want to check if this is true and ask why not? You'd think this would be a standard feature. I don't care if they take another cut off the reinvestment as if I was making a normal purchase. I just want the option to do. Can anyone shed some light here?
  15. Yesterday
  16. So, at end of day Dax found support at R1 while Dow broke down to find support at S1 and in the meantime USD finally broke out of long term consolidation;
  17. Resistance at 12890, holding off for now to see if it falls below 🤣
  18. Are we going to see and experience 'Mean Reversion'? What do people on the IG Community think? I will include the 'Daily' chart zoomed out as much as possible below.
  19. Data is going to be the new Gold going forwards. Data will be Key and Data will be king. Storing data more securely and more efficiently will be critical. I appreciate Cloud storage is the 'in thing' right now but storing data using Blockchain is starting to be discussed. It could make it far more cost effective. Some of the key concepts for storing data using Blockchain is that this data can be stored forever and cannot be altered or tampered with. It is tamper proof. For audit purposes this is very important. I think the following article will explain my points above nicely. How data storage will shift to blockchain https://www.networkworld.com/article/3390722/how-data-storage-will-shift-to-blockchain.html
  20. All the Cryptocurrencies are declining in price today pretty strongly as we are all accustomed to. However Bitcoin is proving to be more defensive and resilient as is only 2.5% down against others which are 8% and 11% down. Bitcoin is the strongest and main 'Infinity Stone' of the Crypto Universe. If it can stay above $5000 level then it will be extremely healthy and positive for Bitcoin going forwards.
  21. I am getting a lot of messages asking which markets I think are trending. Well all three of the major US indices are trending upwards - Dow Jones, S&P and Nasdaq. Bitcoin is trending upwards. Lumber and Orange Juice are trending downwards. I could go on and on. This is where you must conduct your own research, dedicate some serious time to identify trends and put some effort in. There is no easy or magic solution to making profits. When assets within specific markets are trending strongly then they can provide the best returns whether that be going 'Long' or going 'Short'. Rather than respond to many messages I have received recently, I find it easier to post a generic message here which saves me a lot of time as I know that many of you are following this and my other threads. Now people are asking me should they go 'Long' on the S&P 500. Well if it is making new higher highs then why not? Yes it would be risky but at least you would be trading with the trend rather than against it. You could patiently wait for the next drop before entering. The S&P could continue just to go higher and higher making new highs, though I do not know this will in fact happen. In terms of Bitcoin all I would say to those who have messaged me is to look at the price action, look at the trend, look back at this thread and some of the trend following principles included and use it amongst other things such as your own research, trading plan, own thinking, etc. to make an informed trading decision. What I will not do is tell anyone on the IG Community what to trade and when. I do not have a crystal ball and nor can I tell the future. Yes, I will have ideas, gut feelings / instincts, thoughts but I will not advise anyone else what to trade, how to trade and when to trade. I will merely share potential trading ideas or my own trades and others will have to make up their own minds. Trend Following as been around for many years. It has died many times. It has re-emerged many times. I have no doubt that it will die and reappear again going forwards. Trading with the trend rather than against it makes sense to me. It is as simple as we want to make it.
  22. @dmedin, Thank you for sharing this. A very interesting article. Wow, it is a lot of Gold!
  23. @dmedin, It sure has. The trend has been strong during the past quarter. I tried to short the S&P 500 before Christmas but got my timing very wrong and certainly did not anticipate the type of uptrend we have witnessed. I made a loss on that trade which is no surprise but I did have a winning position that was getting stronger. The reason why I set this thread up was to share a live trade with the IG Community. If you go back to the beginning you will see my rationale behind the trade and the motive of sharing will come across. I wanted to share a live trade with the IG Community and I shared this and also a long trade on Gold which is on a different thread. A lot of people post comments, links to websites or articles, charts, charts with lots of lines, but I wanted to actually share live trades with the IG Community. It was not important whether it was a successful trade or not. In my case my long Gold trade was successful and my short S&P trade was not. The key was the mechanism via the IG Community to be able to share live real time trades.
  24. 🤣 S&P 500 has been up constantly since 26 December.
  25. I'm sure you all received the same email I did. Can someone please explain the "legislation changes" IG have cited to me in their follow up response? I was not aware of any such changes. What law and in which country now forbids me extricating myself from IG and placing my stocks that I already own with a more responsible broker? Those that are similarly affected, how do we stop them from doing this? Also we should warn as many people as possible to avoid this service.
  26. Customs data shows that the UAE imported $15.1 billion worth of gold from Africa in 2016, more than any other country and up from $1.3 billion in 2006. The total weight was 446 tonnes, in varying degrees of purity – up from 67 tonnes in 2006. https://uk.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/gold-africa-smuggling/
  27. Dow failed at 26700 and once again down to retest the pivot on the US open, Dax pulls back down to test R1, see if they hold.
  1. Load more activity