All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi I am a beginner with the ig trading platform, and was trying to place an order in QQQ3 ETF in the demo account. But I keep getting the message with "Order Rejected". There does not seem be an issue with the demo margin. Also I have tried placing orders with a limit, as well as a stop loss. But orders still getting rejected. Even if I try an OrderSize of 1, or a round lot size of 10/20? Any help would be greatly appreciated. As the platform is not even giving a reason for the OrderRejection. Thanks Siddharth
  3. Today
  4. Thank you so much I've stayed away from the CFD account for that reason. Cheers for now David
  5. I think they may have misunderstood, the £8 would be commission on a share trading account. The SB and CFD work differently, there are no fees other than the spread you pay to enter a trade. If you pay tax in the UK the SB account type is the better option. £1000 is enough to start trading though you would need to keep your position sizes quite low but you will see how it all works on the demo platform. See this page https://www.ig.com/uk/spread-betting/spread-betting-vs-cfds
  6. I phoned IG and the guy said it was £8.00 to open the CFD trade and then £8.00 to close
  7. Hi, are you referring to a share dealing account or are you meaning a leveraged spread bet or cfd account?
  8. Hi, I hope someone can help me, I love the IG platform but I'm not sure if a small trader could make a profit with their fees, Id like to start with £1000 is it worth going in with this amount. I am thinking that you may need to a lot more to absorb the fees. Is anyone in my situation, thanks
  9. All platforms (in my experience) will start to slow up depending on how many open charts you have and how many indicators each is running. Though total computer memory and cpu does make a difference the platforms themselves seem to have their own limitations keeping up max speed for tasks such as loading new charts.
  10. @Caseynotes I use the IG platform much more extensively for actual trading. I find PRT to be clunky, and I don't like that it relies on Java. Since I'm not coding algorithms or backtesting I don't need to be using it so much (although I plan to learn more about that). It does also look nicer.
  11. dmedin

Ocado

Seems to be picking up with 1130 as new support.
  12. We are girding up our loins to fight the goodly fight for a second attempt at 2500 and if we fail, could be a good time for a short with a stop just above 2500! 😺
  13. We can all see what Gold has done in the past 'historical price action'. We can all see what Gold is doing now 'current price action'. The key is to determine the correct direction of the trend going forwards to the correct directional trade is placed ' 'future price action'. For me this requires any of the following: Predictive Modelling Assumption based Modelling Anticipation (nothing wrong with using your knowledge and data to anticipate potential trends) Of course there will be more techniques and systems but it needs to be used in the context of the timeframe you are trading in which means some of our results may be different. Price action and trends can differ on a 1m chart compared to the 'daily' chart. Ideally you want a trend and price action to align across different timeframes but in reality when you check different time frames you will see them differ and even if they do not then it can change pretty quickly. When you look at the future of Gold you must believe it will remain the ultimate safe haven asset. I do not believe this. I do not think the younger generation will allocate as much Gold in their portfolios as the older generation did. I think the new future generation will be a Digital generation and therefore they will increase their allocation to digital assets. This is the reason that long term I am very bearish in Gold. However short term I am bullish for Gold as I think for now it still is the ultimate safe haven (others know my view on what I think will overtake it in the future but that is not for this thread). I think there is enough risk in the world right now in terms of economic and political that Gold can move up to $1500. Only time and price action will confirm this. I also think that the US Government and Trump's team are more than capable of pumping out good news and positive news to keep US Equities going up which could put a lid on any Gold move upwards and may even result in a decline or sideways range bound activity.
  14. Both making a positive start this morning, Dax sitting on R1 and Dow just below. Yesterday's daily charts look to have put in a higher low and there is the prospect of continuation upward today.
  15. BTC and bears making use of an old support/resistance level around 10830 (green line) to turn price down, price now looking for support.
  16. Gets a bounce up off 55, now uncertain of direction, may pause here. Daily chart;
  17. Gold daily sees a break of the late June high 1439 that appears to be now acting as support.
  18. Daily's and Dow heading back up towards the highs and the others are following, Ftse needs to clear 7527 again and Dax is back up to 12300 which may provide some resistance. A look at the S&P H4 and an up trendline from mid June gets a forth touch.
  19. Overnight Indices up Bonds down, Oil up Gold pausing after recent breakout, Crypto down. Chart Gold. Ger PPI 7:00, UK borrowing 9:30, US consumer sentiment 3:00pm.
  20. There are a few traders who discuss 'Support and Resistance'. I tend to favour 'Psychological Resistance' and for me that is around the $10,000 price point for Bitcoin. Bitcoin is currently trading above this price point which is a positive but for how long I simply do not know. I think what we have seen is a 'Short Squeeze'. This was inevitable and pretty much predicable apart from the exact timing of course! The question is whether the shorters will open new positions or add to their existing positions? Bitcoin shot up in the matter of minutes which was remarkable. In my personal opinion no amount of technical analysis would have allowed you to predict such extreme price action until AFTER Bitcoin's price has started to move upwards.
  21. Yesterday
  22. Thing is, inverse ETFs for gold (JDST and JNUG) are open for trading as I can place trades, it's just the Oil/Gas ones that are not and they are the ones I'm the most interested as I don't like going shorting ETFs and would rather go long.
  23. Can a list of the underlying stocks be provided for each sector? or is it already available thanks James
  24. Bitcoin is up over 9.2% right now and is at $10.6k. Even though historical theory will suggest this is a short covering rally, Bitcoin, is capable of blasting all the way up towards $11k such is its unpredictability due to its extreme volatility. Anything near the $12k mark would infer there is a possibility of a breakout towards new highs for 2019 but the downside risk still exists if it cannot surpass $12k.
  25. The subsequent price action of the US 500 since my last post has been bullish. All the technical indicators were inferring a shorting opportunity but the price action went against all the technical indicators. These technical indicators are 'time lagging' indicators that change after the price has already reacted. Right now the price his above its 20, 50, 100 and 200 DMA's. If you zoom out then they are sloping upwards but as you zoom in the trend is still looking bullish. I know some of you 'Contrarian' traders will be looking to go opposite of what the technical indicators are showing but going against the trend is dangerous. Even though my previous post was suggesting a potential short trade the price action has confirmed that would have been the wrong trade. Now that does not mean it will keep on being wrong. One has to accept making wrong calls. The beauty of making assumptions is that you can let the price action test them and in this case the price action has confirmed my assumption was wrong. This is a very important part of trading. Gold and Silver are going up at the moment. If we see a 'Risk Off' scenario then US Equities may see a decline. If we see a 'Risk On' scenario then US Equities could keep rising with Gold and Silver declining.
  26. The Gold price has gone above the Parabolic SAR which is a very bullish indicator. I include the chart 'daily' below to highlight this. Add to this that Gold is trading above its 20, 50, 100 and 200 DMA's on the 'daily' chart is also a bullish indicator. On top of this the MA curves are sloping upwards apart from the 20 DMA on the daily which is showing a small slant at the tip but this is because such technical analysis is based on past price action and is historical by nature. So today's sharp breakout and price action will show tomorrow and in the coming days on the 'daily' technical indicators which if it continues should change the tip of the 20 DMA into upward sloping on the 'daily'. I include the 'daily' moving averages set up below.
  1. Load more activity