All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. The mischievous amphibian who became a meme legend? Well, meet Apu, his wide-eyed, optimistic cousin, taking the internet by storm – and now, perhaps, the world of finance. Apu, also known as Peepo or Helper, is a kinder, gentler Pepe variant. Tired of the often-scammy memecoin scene, Apu (or rather, Apu's devoted community) decided to create something different: $APU, a "fairly launched, fully transparent coin" built by and for "all frens." Here's where things get interesting. $APU's narrative is one of resilience and community power. Fueled by the cryptocurrency community's enthusiasm, $APU was initially launched with the best of intentions. However, the dream took a nasty turn when the original developer pulled the rug – a disheartening scenario for many crypto enthusiasts. Today, $APU stands as a testament to community empowerment. It's a beacon of hope for projects facing similar challenges, a reminder that collaboration and resilience can transform setbacks into stepping stones. It's also worth noting that another community-driven memecoin, $MASSA, recently found a home on the Bitget exchange. Could this be a sign of things to come for $APU? What are your thoughts? Does Apu's story inspire you? Can a memecoin truly become a legitimate force in the volatile world of cryptocurrency? Share your thoughts and predictions in the comments below!
  4. The price shown on the graph is the price after the IG's fee taken. That is the reason for discrepancy.
  5. I am a relatively newbie. I have seen similar and also have seen automated closed position has a loss though the close price I have set was above the price I have bought. After about 6 months with a lot of mysterious losses though my closing price was above the opening price, I discovered this was because of the amount charged for opening/closing a position. This is right below BUY and SELL boxes on the right in very small font. This amount vary from 0.9 to 33 or more depending on the level of trading at the time you open or close. It also happens (god knows why it is set to be so, except that the trader is not watching) when there is a lot of buying and selling going on, like an important news has suddenly been out and the result was not the market expected. As a result, I delete all my automated BUY/SELL values before I stop trading for the day. Remember, the the software is set up to favor the IG, not the retail seller. That is why 70% or more end up in loss.
  6. HI, I have been with IG-Index since last September.I keep an average of £50K in my trading account as a buffer for my opened positions in GBP/USD and gold. I have noticed though I have been charged daily interest on my margin of about 8-10K GBP, I don't get a penny paid as interest on my unused fund (though according to the TV ad I have seen, TRADING 212 pay 5% interest on unused funds in the account) and feel it is terribly unfair. I contacted the IG help desk for an answer, all I got was a link to how my overnight funding is charged (https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/why-is-overnight-funding-charged-and-how-is-it-calculated-) . My issue is not there. Can somebody answer my question please? Below is the reply I received: Dear Jay, Thanks for your email. The interest you see on the statement is not interest you receive on unused funding. The interest you have paid/received on the statement is trade related. More information can be found here - https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/why-is-overnight-funding-charged-and-how-is-it-calculated- If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Regards, Trading Services IG
  7. No, MT4 by itself cannot handle stops that are specifically triggered based on "if bid" or "if offered" conditions. Here's why: Market vs. Limit Orders: MT4 works with traditional order types like market orders and limit orders. Market orders are filled at the best available price (bid for short positions, ask for long positions), while limit orders specify a price at which you want the order to be filled or not filled at all. Order Book Dynamics: The "bid" and "ask" prices you see represent the current highest buy price (bid) and the lowest sell price (ask) in the order book. These prices are constantly changing as new orders come in and existing orders are filled. And if you want to relax while playing games and need any help, you can contact here https://boosthive.eu/)
  8. oh thank you, as a complete beginner it was interesting + useful! https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-change.asp can i read this site and take it as the truth?
  9. i would like to start investing, i have some thousands of dollars. so is there any detailed guide from 0 for dummies, on youtube or here on the forum? to start understanding everything
  10. @FrancoisT, even if there are no trades happening, evolving market conditions make market participants modify the price they're willing to sell or buy a certain symbol at, i.e. they re-quote bid/ask. Ultimately, when you're trading a centralized exchange-traded instrument (e.g. AAPL non-CFD stock) you can have access to both trades and bid-ask quotes, though not all platforms provide all three. When you're trading a non-centralized instrument (e.g. FOREX), by design trades are not reported to some central entity so you can only see bid-ask quotes and not trades as showing trades only from your broker's liquidity providers would not be representative of the whole market. Usually for FOREX, count of re-quotes is shown in place of volume as an indirect indicator of the volume. When you're trading a CFD (like at IG), even if it's of a centralized exchange-traded instrument, showing trades makes little sense. Showing trades from the exchange would be factually wrong - the CFD highly correlates but does not equal to the underlying instrument on the exchange. Showing trades from the broker (e.g. IG) platform only would capture very small volume and would not be representative of the whole market.
  11. @Franswa38, if I'm not mistaken, on your photo you're pointing at April 17 22:45 BST 15 minute ask candle. If I'm not mistaken, at that point in time, EUR/USD bid-ask spread was around 0.00050. If you are basing your 42 pips in profit on the demonstrated ask graph, you're ignoring the spread you will have to pay to close long position - you will sell using bid, not ask price. If you subtract ~0.00050 spread from 42 pips you think you're in profit, $9.28 makes much more sense. In short, to monitor the profit on a long position you need to look at the bid, not ask graph. For that, click on the "Ask" text near "15 Mins" and choose "Bid". You should use ask graph only when you're opening long position, not when you're monitoring it. P. S. From the photo alone, I would imply the bid price was where the horizontal blue line is, much lower than the ask price you're pointing at.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Yes I agree Guru, giving current examples is a good way of doing it! I have been trading for over 20 years and in the last 11 years I found myself mainly trading DAX (Germany) 40, because it is the easiest and most profitable. Which market do you find easiest to trade, Guru? Does anybody else find DAX easier to trade than other markets? I am interested in hearing other traders' experiences.
  14. Source: Coingecko Source link: https://www.coingecko.com/research/publications/2024-q1-crypto-report The cryptocurrency sector has experienced significant growth in 2024, driven by events like Lugano city's acceptance of crypto payments and the approval of the Bitcoin spot ETF. The industry's market cap reached a record high of $2.9 trillion, with $1.1 trillion added in Q1 alone. Bitcoin surged to a new peak of $73k, surpassing its previous ATH of $68k. Top centralized exchanges like Binance, Bitget, OKX, and Bybit saw substantial growth, with Bitget particularly excelling in derivative trading. Bitget's open interest exceeded OKX's and ranked closely behind Binance and Bybit. Spot trading volume surged from $29B in January to $95B in March, elevating Bitget to the top 7 spot in the spot market and maintaining the 4th position in the derivative market among major centralized exchanges. While other exchanges also witnessed significant growth, Bitget's standout performance has made it the focal point of industry attention. What are your impressions of these findings?
  15. DogeDay always brings back memories of 2019 when my friends were diving into Dogecoin and joining farming activities. That's why I'm excited to explore the Bitget DogeDay giveaway event. Plus, with tomorrow's BTC halving, the excitement is doubled!
  16. As a meme fan, I have been waiting patiently for the Bull trend that happened to BTC recently to get to all the alts and so we can have what we had back then in 2021 to happen again, but time the strength of the uptrend has not been able to match up with what I am expecting and I do hope that the halving will help, but looking at the hype that is usually expected from the meme community. I don't think I'll be able to wait for the trend to resume and so I am taking more steps ahead of the game, taking up all the opportunities I believe would help the price-trend of my holdings, especially for the DOGE memes and I have found this DOGEDAY event ongoing and it really made a lot of sense to me, because if we look at how the DOGE coins have performed in the past. I believe if we can have a Bitcoin day to celebrate the first cryptocurrency, then we should be able to have a DOGEDAY too looking at the success rate of the meme and the support from the community. For me, this is something special that is worth the energy, vibes and hype and worth participating it. There are different sections to the event, which include the Twitter part, where Bitget is sharing $3,00 to those participating( https://twitter.com/bitgetglobal/status/1780495739984150962Twitter Post ) and the telegram event, and I believe this will favour those that love to bet on the price of coins. They are sharing 100BGB tokens for this and the Discord event has a 90BGB token to be shared. If we can have Bitcoin's day, then this DOGEDAY should be observed in all the DOGE communities and I will admonish meme lovers to observe events like this because it reflects the nature of memecoin and the hype around it.
  17. While established players like Binance held steady market share, Bitget has shown impressive growth in Q1 2024. Their derivatives market share jumped from 9% to 12% in just two months, pushing them to the number 3 spot, surpassing OKX. This surge coincides with a significant increase in their user base, reaching 25 million. The exchanges’ growth isn’t limited to market share. Their spot trading volume also saw explosive increases throughout the quarter, culminating in March’s staggering $95 billion. This impressive performance has seen Bitget overtake several competitors, solidifying their position as a leading exchange for both experienced and new crypto traders.
  18. SOL is on the move! Keep your eyes peeled as it approaches key resistance at $148.27. Further ceilings await at $148.98 and $151.86. However, a breakthrough could signal a stronger bullish phase. Support levels stand firm at $141.17, with even stronger foundations at $133.73 and $128.71. These are critical in case of any selling pressure, offering potential buying opportunities on dips. Feeling bullish? Traders might consider long entries on pullbacks to major support levels, with stop-loss orders placed below $133.73 to manage risk. If SOL struggles, short positions could be in play with targets set at subsequent support levels.
  1. Load more activity
us