All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No, MT4 by itself cannot handle stops that are specifically triggered based on "if bid" or "if offered" conditions. Here's why: Market vs. Limit Orders: MT4 works with traditional order types like market orders and limit orders. Market orders are filled at the best available price (bid for short positions, ask for long positions), while limit orders specify a price at which you want the order to be filled or not filled at all. Order Book Dynamics: The "bid" and "ask" prices you see represent the current highest buy price (bid) and the lowest sell price (ask) in the order book. These prices are constantly changing as new orders come in and existing orders are filled. And if you want to relax while playing games and need any help, you can contact here https://boosthive.eu/)
  3. Today
  4. oh thank you, as a complete beginner it was interesting + useful! https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-change.asp can i read this site and take it as the truth?
  5. i would like to start investing, i have some thousands of dollars. so is there any detailed guide from 0 for dummies, on youtube or here on the forum? to start understanding everything
  6. @FrancoisT, even if there are no trades happening, evolving market conditions make market participants modify the price they're willing to sell or buy a certain symbol at, i.e. they re-quote bid/ask. Ultimately, when you're trading a centralized exchange-traded instrument (e.g. AAPL non-CFD stock) you can have access to both trades and bid-ask quotes, though not all platforms provide all three. When you're trading a non-centralized instrument (e.g. FOREX), by design trades are not reported to some central entity so you can only see bid-ask quotes and not trades as showing trades only from your broker's liquidity providers would not be representative of the whole market. Usually for FOREX, count of re-quotes is shown in place of volume as an indirect indicator of the volume. When you're trading a CFD (like at IG), even if it's of a centralized exchange-traded instrument, showing trades makes little sense. Showing trades from the exchange would be factually wrong - the CFD highly correlates but does not equal to the underlying instrument on the exchange. Showing trades from the broker (e.g. IG) platform only would capture very small volume and would not be representative of the whole market.
  7. @Franswa38, if I'm not mistaken, on your photo you're pointing at April 17 22:45 BST 15 minute ask candle. If I'm not mistaken, at that point in time, EUR/USD bid-ask spread was around 0.00050. If you are basing your 42 pips in profit on the demonstrated ask graph, you're ignoring the spread you will have to pay to close long position - you will sell using bid, not ask price. If you subtract ~0.00050 spread from 42 pips you think you're in profit, $9.28 makes much more sense. In short, to monitor the profit on a long position you need to look at the bid, not ask graph. For that, click on the "Ask" text near "15 Mins" and choose "Bid". You should use ask graph only when you're opening long position, not when you're monitoring it. P. S. From the photo alone, I would imply the bid price was where the horizontal blue line is, much lower than the ask price you're pointing at.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Yes I agree Guru, giving current examples is a good way of doing it! I have been trading for over 20 years and in the last 11 years I found myself mainly trading DAX (Germany) 40, because it is the easiest and most profitable. Which market do you find easiest to trade, Guru? Does anybody else find DAX easier to trade than other markets? I am interested in hearing other traders' experiences.
  10. Source: Coingecko Source link: https://www.coingecko.com/research/publications/2024-q1-crypto-report The cryptocurrency sector has experienced significant growth in 2024, driven by events like Lugano city's acceptance of crypto payments and the approval of the Bitcoin spot ETF. The industry's market cap reached a record high of $2.9 trillion, with $1.1 trillion added in Q1 alone. Bitcoin surged to a new peak of $73k, surpassing its previous ATH of $68k. Top centralized exchanges like Binance, Bitget, OKX, and Bybit saw substantial growth, with Bitget particularly excelling in derivative trading. Bitget's open interest exceeded OKX's and ranked closely behind Binance and Bybit. Spot trading volume surged from $29B in January to $95B in March, elevating Bitget to the top 7 spot in the spot market and maintaining the 4th position in the derivative market among major centralized exchanges. While other exchanges also witnessed significant growth, Bitget's standout performance has made it the focal point of industry attention. What are your impressions of these findings?
  11. DogeDay always brings back memories of 2019 when my friends were diving into Dogecoin and joining farming activities. That's why I'm excited to explore the Bitget DogeDay giveaway event. Plus, with tomorrow's BTC halving, the excitement is doubled!
  12. As a meme fan, I have been waiting patiently for the Bull trend that happened to BTC recently to get to all the alts and so we can have what we had back then in 2021 to happen again, but time the strength of the uptrend has not been able to match up with what I am expecting and I do hope that the halving will help, but looking at the hype that is usually expected from the meme community. I don't think I'll be able to wait for the trend to resume and so I am taking more steps ahead of the game, taking up all the opportunities I believe would help the price-trend of my holdings, especially for the DOGE memes and I have found this DOGEDAY event ongoing and it really made a lot of sense to me, because if we look at how the DOGE coins have performed in the past. I believe if we can have a Bitcoin day to celebrate the first cryptocurrency, then we should be able to have a DOGEDAY too looking at the success rate of the meme and the support from the community. For me, this is something special that is worth the energy, vibes and hype and worth participating it. There are different sections to the event, which include the Twitter part, where Bitget is sharing $3,00 to those participating( https://twitter.com/bitgetglobal/status/1780495739984150962Twitter Post ) and the telegram event, and I believe this will favour those that love to bet on the price of coins. They are sharing 100BGB tokens for this and the Discord event has a 90BGB token to be shared. If we can have Bitcoin's day, then this DOGEDAY should be observed in all the DOGE communities and I will admonish meme lovers to observe events like this because it reflects the nature of memecoin and the hype around it.
  13. While established players like Binance held steady market share, Bitget has shown impressive growth in Q1 2024. Their derivatives market share jumped from 9% to 12% in just two months, pushing them to the number 3 spot, surpassing OKX. This surge coincides with a significant increase in their user base, reaching 25 million. The exchanges’ growth isn’t limited to market share. Their spot trading volume also saw explosive increases throughout the quarter, culminating in March’s staggering $95 billion. This impressive performance has seen Bitget overtake several competitors, solidifying their position as a leading exchange for both experienced and new crypto traders.
  14. SOL is on the move! Keep your eyes peeled as it approaches key resistance at $148.27. Further ceilings await at $148.98 and $151.86. However, a breakthrough could signal a stronger bullish phase. Support levels stand firm at $141.17, with even stronger foundations at $133.73 and $128.71. These are critical in case of any selling pressure, offering potential buying opportunities on dips. Feeling bullish? Traders might consider long entries on pullbacks to major support levels, with stop-loss orders placed below $133.73 to manage risk. If SOL struggles, short positions could be in play with targets set at subsequent support levels.
  15. In last couple of years, there has been debate over the top memecoin investment with centre of discussion around DOGE, SHIB, FLOKI, PEPE and a host of others. Personally, I feel comparing any contender to DOGE feels akin to comparing altcoins to BTC. DOGE, being the pioneer memecoin, boasts an impressive $22 billion market cap, towering over its closest competitor, SHIB, with a $13 billion market cap. Its unique endorsement by Elon Musk further solidifies its position. The fervent backing from its vast online and offline community serves as a blueprint for other memecoins to follow. Thus, it's no surprise that DOGE emerged victorious in a recent Bitget poll, where enthusiasts competed to showcase their community's strength in honor of DOGE DAY 2024. With DOGE predictably clinching the win, ten fortunate participants stand to each receive $300 worth of DOGE through the event's gleam completion. Let's seize this opportunity to bolster our crypto portfolios.
  16. Hi @neueneuen Thanks for coming back to this, Please note that number 1 above has been confirmed, unfortunately, I don't have number 2 yet. We will keep you updated. Thanks, KoketsoIG
  17. Hi IG community! Off lately, we've noticed a rise in inappropriate content on our community page that doesn't align with our community guidelines. These posts range from spam and promotions for unrelated businesses to content that's simply not relevant to our community. This not only disrupts our purpose but also jeopardizes the safety and integrity of our space. Check out our community guidelines here: https://community.ig.com/community-guidelines/ We understand the importance of maintaining the integrity of our community, especially considering the potential financial implications spam content could have on traders. That's why we need your help to keep our community clean! If you come across any such posts that violate our guidelines, please don't hesitate to flag them. Flagging inappropriate content helps us identify and take swift action against such posts, ensuring a better experience for all members. Remember, we do not allow: Sharing private and personal information (Account number/Username & Passwords/ Contact details and Email addresses) Advertising (Promoting Self or other business) Spam (External links/Potential frauds) Solicitation Insults, or offensive posts Tips on bad practices How to flag inappropriate content: Once you've identified an inappropriate post, click on the three small dots located on the right of the post, and then select 'Report'. When clicking on 'Report', it will redirect you to a blank box where you can specify a reason (Optional) why you want to report content that is not appropriate and submit it. Your vigilance in flagging inappropriate content is greatly appreciated and helps us uphold the standards of our community. Together, let's work towards keeping our community a place where members can connect, learn, and thrive. Thank you for your cooperation! Thank you, Community Team
  18. thanks, no idea of the setting, or how I turned it off
  19. Just recently, I wrote an article about how a Solana blockchain art project (Artrade) is helping artists raise their earnings and even further transforming their physical works into RWA essentially NFTs. With that in mind, I came across Rarible, a marketplace that focuses on digital art and NFTs and the similarities of the platforms caught my attention. Rarible allows artists to sell their creations as NFTs, essentially digital certificates of ownership and cuts out middlemen, connecting artists directly with buyers. Beyond trading, Rarible offers a somewhat user-friendly interface for creating NFTs, even for beginners. The platform unlike Artrade is built on the Ethereum blockchain and uses its own token, RARI, for governance and rewarding active users. In the long term they seem building with the goal of becoming a DAO in the future While it’s still early days, I have no doubt Rarible offers a unique approach to buying, selling, and creating digital art, and the recent listing on Bitget will further expose it to new communities and potential investors. Do you think RARI's approach will be sustainable as a marketplace for NFTs?
  20. Soybeans Elliott Wave Analysis Function - Trend Mode - Impulse Structure - Impulse for (5) Position - Wave 1 of (5) Direction - Wave 2 of (5) Details - Wave 1 of (5) completing with a diagonal. Wave 2 bounce is emerging before the price turns downside for 3 of (5). Invalidation now at 1226’6. Not much has changed since the last update. Soybean Price Analysis: Elliott Wave Perspective Signals Continued Downward Trend In the realm of commodity trading, Soybean has recently undergone a significant downturn, marking a nearly 7% drop since March 21st. This decline appears to be part of a broader trend that commenced back in June 2022. However, before this recent descent, there was a brief period of respite characterized by a corrective bounce starting in late February. Delving deeper into the price action, an Elliott Wave analysis sheds light on the intricacies of Soybean's movement. The daily chart's decline since June 2022 reveals a corrective pattern, delineated into waves A-B-C, as denoted by blue annotations. The initial wave, labeled as Blue Wave 'A', terminated at 1249 in October 2023, exhibiting a distinct diagonal pattern. Subsequently, a modest rebound ensued, marked by Blue Wave 'B', which concluded at 1398 in November 2023. However, the ascendancy was short-lived as the bears regained control, manifesting in the ongoing development of Blue Wave 'C'. This wave, evolving into an impulse wave, has currently progressed to wave (5) following the completion of wave (4) in March 2024. Zooming in on the H4 chart, a granular analysis reveals the sub-waves of wave (5). Wave 1 of (5) concluded with a diagonal structure, followed by a corrective phase as the price undergoes a temporary upside correction to complete wave 2. Despite uncertainties regarding whether wave 2 has fully concluded or will undergo another upward leg, the overarching trajectory remains clear – a downward break is anticipated to continue wave 3 of (5), leading to further downside movement. In light of this analysis, the prevailing sentiment favors sellers, who continue to assert dominance over the commodity market. As long as the price remains below 1226’6, the outlook remains skewed towards further downside potential, with the possibility of reaching the lowest price point since November 2020. In conclusion, the Elliott Wave perspective offers valuable insights into Soybean's price dynamics, signaling a continued bearish trajectory in the near term. While short-term fluctuations may occur, the broader trend suggests that sellers are likely to maintain control, shaping the commodity's price action in the foreseeable future. Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!
  1. Load more activity
us