Jump to content

Kodiak

Community Member
  • Content Count

    508
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    19

Everything posted by Kodiak

  1. "“Why don’t we have enough teachers of math and science in the public schools? One answer is, well, if they knew the subject well, they’d also know enough to work for Google or Goldman Sachs or God knows where.”" https://millyuns.com/quotes-simons/
  2. "How The Fed Is Using Financial Engineering Alchemy And Leverage To Boost Stock Prices Without Buying Any" https://www.forbes.com/sites/vineerbhansali/2020/07/01/how-the-fed-is-using-financial-engineering-alchemy-and-leverage-to-boost-stock-prices-without-buying-any/#722964ac1e16
  3. https://www.stocktradersalmanac.com/Strategy.aspx
  4. " IEA projects that India will install another 1.1 billion units by 2050, driving up AC’s share of the nation’s peak electricity demand from 10% to 45%." https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/09/01/1007762/air-conditioning-grid-blackouts-california-climate-change/ Maybe by 2050 we have 3D printers that can build a new earth?
  5. I just had a brilliant idea🙃 a new IG reversed account When the trader click on buy IG sell and when the trader click on sell IG buy Like this, trader click on buy and set a stop but IG change to order to sell short with a take profit at the same place as the traders stop
  6. As i said before Markets changes all the time and you cant test a month or 2 and expect it to work for a longer time and april may this year was a period when almost everything worked but then changed during the summer I show a picture of a very simple system based on the stochastic indicator
  7. Well the market change all the time so dont expect it to work fpr long The thing is that when you take more money than buy and hold from the market someone else pays the profit and probably try to change the way they trade after a while? Lets take a look at DAX buy and hold (including dividend) 3 years ago Dax was at 12 587 and now at 12 555 (thats a loss of 32 points) 6 years ago 9486 thats 3069 points profit and 6 years would be about 1500 days of trading? thats 2 points a day or 10 points a week for buy and hold and IG (or others) dont work for free
  8. With CFDs you can choose between contracts for the same indice and if the account is GBP and the contract is in USD then you need to convert GBP to USD
  9. Lets see what happens next week when the options expiry is over I think the DAX grinding sideways turns in to trending again? I would "guess" 70% chance for down and 30% for up https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/what-to-expect-from-quadruple-witching-for-september-2020/ar-BB199m77
  10. Be careful with bottom fishing Could be a third wave down?
  11. Nasdaq monthly 10 year trend channel Aggresive call buyers made it go "thru the roof" Will the parabolic move continue or is it back in the channel again? I would say back in the channel, but with all the stimulus and manipulation going on who knows? As long as the upper trendline holds (support) i suppose buy the dip continue?
  12. They say that stocks take the staircase up and elevator down Lets see how fast the elevator can go when the time is right? I guess puts are going to be expensive? https://sentimentrader.com/blog/massive-surge-in-speculative-trading-again/
  13. Is it possible to close a open options position using the api? (i doubt it) at x % loss or profit What's available? Trade a range of popular asset classes: Indices Forex Commodities Binaries Options" https://labs.ig.com/
  14. I have the DOW system still running on demo (closed Dax in July) So far only 27 trades in 4 months and still lag buy and hold Buy and hold 4 000 points and system 3 300 (but with a 219 points trailing stop and max DD 810 points) Its hard to beat buy and hold when its trendig like this, lets see what happens when we get a correction of 10-20%?
  15. 100 trades on demo (or more) should get som insight
  16. Why use tradingview when you can use prorealtime? https://backtest-rookies.com/2017/11/29/tradingview-indicator-repainting/
  17. Had some problems months ago when i tried to move a stop I then deleted the stop and attached a new one and problem solved
  18. and 4-hours Resistance 9,22
  19. Daily potential double bottom?
  20. Well getting tired looking at DAX drying paint i used this new indicator in Prorealtime and had a look at stocks in DAX30 This is Lufthansa monthly https://www.prorealcode.com/topic/prt-bands-the-prorealtime-trend-following-indicator/
  21. Sell it to Jim Simons for a million or two🤑 https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/jim-simons-renaissance-technologies-rentech-apple-amazon-tesla-stock-2020-8-1029504458#
  22. And they change the min G stop distance sometimes (see nr 2 from help) " Why am I unable to edit my guaranteed stop? Generally, guaranteed stops can be edited after you add them. However, there are some scenarios in which you won’t be able to edit your guaranteed stops: 1. The market is closed When the market is closed, you can only move your guaranteed stop further away (increasing your guaranteed stop distance). You will not be able to move your guaranteed stop nearer. 2. An increase in the minimum guaranteed stop distance During periods of increased or expected
  23. " 08 Oct 2019 IG is pleased to announce the launch of its turbo24 product. From today, traders can trade IG’s turbo24 on-venue product 24 hours a day, 5 days a week across France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Sweden. The turbo24s will be offered through the Group’s IG Europe subsidiary, based in Frankfurt." https://www.iggroup.com/newsroom/press-releases/year/2019/ig-launches-tradable-turbo-warrant
×
×
  • Create New...